1971 Skyline 2000GT Sedan (Hakosuka)

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re: 1971 Skyline 2000GT Sedan (Hakosuka)

Post by mlracing »

73 crisis wrote:WOW U LUCKY BUGGER !

HAHA AND I THOUGHT I WAS COOL :fart:
Haha just gotta collect them all !
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

I had some tyres that needed to be removed from the car because they had cracks all through them, surprised they hadn't blown out! Luckily I had some already from other wheels. All different brands/models because I like to live dangerously. Also the sizes slightly different (two 175, two 185) so put the 185's on the rear, naturally. While I was under the car I had a look at the rust and repair places that will need to be fixed up. Some really awesome Japanese typical body panel repair jobs involving urethane, silicone, cardboard (or plastic) and metal tape. Just the usual.

The good thing (but maybe expensive) is that inner/outer sills are available as well as a couple other common failure points as repair parts. Not genuine Nissan of course but a couple restore companies are reproducing them which is excellent.

They were all like this, and also had cracking inside the tread too.

New (old) tyres on.. I think there are some from China and some from Korea, quality.

So much room for activities.

Bit of a shitty look at the stainless exhaust. It's loud.

Hmm those could be a problem. I had a feeling it was on cut springs after driving it. The rear actually is captive so that should be OK, but the front is no bueno, will look at upgrade options because the shocks look pretty average too.

Looks like a bolt missing from there... and interesting exhaust hanger situation.
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Very nice.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

Took the Skyline around the block to make sure all still working as it should be, rides a bit nicer on the new tyres compared to the cracked other ones so that's cool. Also did an Instagram walk around as hadn't done that yet. Got several puzzled looks in my short around the block journey haha, people can't work out what it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAEEuXSGbEx ... acing_alex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I parked it up to open the garage it was in the right spot..

Squad.. with myself? haha

I had a really good time just driving it around the block, it's made me excited for this year! Also the new woodgrain Nardi is so much nicer to use, perfect for the car.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

I'm still out of country not getting back until next week but I had these come through from depot during the packing of the container (which will be here shortly as well)..

It's got a busted bottom end apparently, but block should still be OK. The boys also tell me it has a big cam but not sure spec on anything.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

So previous owner debadged the lot and removed a bunch of trim. This is common as GT-R doesn't have the same kind of trim as the lower models and people try to go for this look. Being that mine is not a GT-R and not trying to be, I want to put the trim and badges back.

Only problem is the previous owner covered over the holes which are typically used to hold on the badges etc Deciding what to do but I may just use tape to hold most of them on as a few of the mounting prongs are damaged anyway. Still deciding..

Also my bonnet cable is missing the handle so picked up another one of those to fit! The badges will need some restoration anyway so will need to research the best way to go about doing that.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

How could someone remove all that stuff it looks soooo sweeeeeeeet!
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re:

Post by mlracing »

Datto_610 wrote:How could someone remove all that stuff it looks soooo sweeeeeeeet!
It's pretty common to go for the GT-R look, mind you the GT-R still had badges. I guess it's just the same as de-badging any other car
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah true I love having all factoy badges and trim etc on oldschool cars
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re:

Post by mlracing »

Datto_610 wrote:Yeah true I love having all factoy badges and trim etc on oldschool cars
Agree, especially if you don't actually own the car it's trying to be