240k for sale

Sell stuff
clark

240k for sale

Post by clark »

Another do up garage find http://www.trademe.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Listing #: 973439621
dattoboy
Datsun Nutter
aka: Bede

Re: 240k for sale

Post by dattoboy »

Here is the link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 439621.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

A bit of work there. Love the statement the seller puts "This is an auction - not a forum".

I'm unsure if this is the market rate or not for a 240K in that condition. Looks like a lot of rust to me, no rego either makes me think it will be a costly rebuild.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

That is a lot of work! Especially that the front end is all bashed up would cost that again if not more to be made mint again!
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

It's in worse condition than the last couple that have changed hands for similar money, but as the guy says good luck finding a cheaper one, or in fact any other one for sale.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Lot of work to do there, flauski sold his for a lot less than what it would cost to buy that and then re-build it, he is right about finding another one though.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

I think he is being completely fair in his asking price,
I do think how ever that just because he has something desirable there is no need to have the attitude and be an ass about it.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Supply and demand.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

Not sure what your talking about with 'attitude' the seller is a great guy that has no such thing.

He is very friendly, helpful and honest and no one would ever think otherwise. He is far nicer than me on Trademe.

You should see how many people I have blacklisted for asking the stupidest questions or voicing their opinion in my auctions.

Anything desirable on Tardme means everyone has an opinion, which is not welcome in an auction.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

no need to be a dick basically.

yes, rare.
yes, desirable.

yes, a VERY uncomfortable amount to restore.

i know what my 1200 coupe owes me, and il bet even now that i know things about 1200s and how to deal with them......... itd cost me half of the current total or more to do the same resto.

imo finished it would owe the potential owner $30k+ and thats IF they could do a LOT of the work themselves.

everyone has their opinion, i think the seller knows what he has. i also think hes asking a bit much given condition, rarity of parts, and cost of fixing his fuckups. (or previous owners)
1972 1200 coupe KB110