Garth's SR20 B110

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Garth
Financial Member

Re: Garth's SR20 B110

Post by Garth »

A big thanks to Vaughan for helping out today! now have a working horn and borrowed his window washer unit until i get mine all sorted out. Car goes in for cert monday morning. wish me luck...
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

luck luck luck
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

:popcorn:.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

We failed....but on a list so simple i am over the moon :D :thumbsup:

Most of my list down to me being lazy and had'nt put spring washers in places there should've been. So out of a list of 13 things I have already ticked 6 of these things off in 1 hour this evening.

My remaining list of things required:

- LHS front seat belt (the one i have is an old school retractable and it shares an anchor point with itself which isn't allowed)
- Provide evidence of pressure grading on fuel line (Easy, the stuff i have is EFI rated just have to go see the shop and get the details of it)
- Use correct gear box mount (cert man thinks my one isnt strong enough for the crazy HP ill be running haha, so just going to adapt a standard gearbox mount onto it)
- Rear wheels rubbing on body (he has told me to raise the back a bit, will go from 2 inch blocks to just 1 inch).
- Rear suspension bump stops (going to have a chat to him about this, not sure hes aware they only have 1 above the diff factory which was there, worst case scenario just install a couple more somewhere)
- I had some washers in my left rear shock rather then spacers (fix, easy)

All in all very happy with that and ill probably smash all this out this week and get it back in for the recheck! if anyone has a standard seat belt they want to sell me then hit me up. If not ill just look into a replacement different option
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Nice one man!! A very achievable list! Who did you go to in the end??
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Went to see this Ian chap. really nice guy to deal with. spends most of his time in town now working out of Main Mechanical on main south road. but yeah very nice guy
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Well done Garth. Stoked for you. All the best. I'll definitely have a belt for a borrow. I may have a std one you can have. I'd have to have a look
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'd go for a brand new belt dude.
They aint that expensive nowdays, and a 40 year old belt can snap in an impact. (That said crash that fast in a 1200 and you're fucked anyway)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

I just put repco belts through mine

Easy , cheap & generic, I know not truly oldschool, but saves mucking around