Parts from Aussie.

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Parts from Aussie.

Post by R3spct »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-NISSA ... TQ:AU:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This seems a total bargain, but shipping is $125 aussie to get it here. Also been thinking about getting a drip rail made up for my coupe by APC, but thats $60 for the part, and $70 shipped.

So, is anyone else keen for any bits from either of these suppliers to combine shipping? Or have any depots or agents that could maybe get them over a little cheaper?

Cheers
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Parts from Aussie.

Post by Bartman »

Can you not get one locally?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

In order to properly replace a drip rail, you need to separate the roof, when the roof is off you can see how the drip rail is attached, it's fairly simple, just be really patient when drilling the spot welds, slow and steady is the key.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Its already been removed, needs a bit of patching in there.

I might just get something folded up or try make something myself for the money, its only a short section with a gentle curve.

I am very keen on one of the front valance at that price, just need a better way to get it here.
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

I would have been keen for some sills if they were the right length. If they don't do coupe length sills it kind of makes me think those panels are Taiwanese pressings made for the ute or something
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

i think i got a front valance from be carparts in auckland for about $80ish, would be cheaper than posting from aussie
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

nzdatman wrote:I would have been keen for some sills if they were the right length. If they don't do coupe length sills it kind of makes me think those panels are Taiwanese pressings made for the ute or something
Yeah i got some sills and didnt know they were sedan/ute ones, so had some folded by a place in New Lynn, cost me 100 the pair which i was pretty happy with.

Got my rotisserie today, need to finish some fabrication and mounts and will be able to get it rolling.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

those knock off front aprons can be shit house quality - wavey as fuk

I brought one in NZ From BE Autoparts a few years back (British European) they did a real good price on guards & bonnet too, and chucked the apron in for free, as the quality was so average - but that may have been a bad tooling run.

Just letting you know they can be crap - So when I did my coupe we patched and repaired my OEM one
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Thanks Kitch, they have some stock coming in a couple of weeks, so might go have a look before committing.

Mine is pretty rough, not too rusty, but a lot out of shape, so im not sure how much work will be needed to get it looking right.

i really need to get onto some more work on the car now its on the rotisserie, i keep forgetting i need to repair doors and boot and bonnet yet, plus all the other mechanical and suspension parts that need reco, painting etc.
Tony.buchler
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Tbag

Post by Tony.buchler »

I just got both left and right gutters for my sedan sent from Apc. $45 per section, did front and centre section on both sides. Easy as to put on, bit of trimming but just a plug weld here and there with panel bond the rest. Also did my sills. The Taiwanese replacements were great with the moulded sections behind the front guards and just bought 2 extra ones, reversed them and joined them where the factory seam was on the sills...