Now otisd's b310 sunny project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Surfez
Financial Member

Re: Hamilton b310 sunny project

Post by Surfez »

The sunny now has a recaro drivers seat, hidden under the original retro car seat covers. Gifted by a friend, also an alarm installed that I found new for $20 on trade me. And is booked in for a panel & paint job later this year :drool:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Nice work Justin!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Painted the wheels up today and gave them a polish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun Sunny B310 sedan, 3 Owner, Very hot A15 motor, 5 speed, lowered on 14's
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Got rid of a nasty rattle from my stainless air filter work, just needed a little tension through it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Hi all, Its been awhile since I've updated the Datsun post. Truth is... The car is going to a new owner today, fingers crossed.
We found a buyer that wants to use her as a permanent race car. You may see the vehicle around on the track at Hampton downs or Taupo I guess. The build has been great fun and very rewarding. I managed to build the engine to double the horse power, also doubled the cost of the car (even doing 75% of the work myself...) The down side we don't like to discuss is always the cost of the build & the running cost, using 98 fuel due to high compression etc. Time for someone else to enjoy the car while I travel to work in more comfort & for cheaper (not to mention safer...) Of course if I had more garage space and no mortgage i'd likely keep it? however she is due for a paint job & is really only suitable for a track car now (Building a Datsun Sunny to do 200 kph plus was the plan) achieved now. Cheers for following.
Datsun Sunny B310 sedan, 3 Owner, Very hot A15 motor, 5 speed, lowered on 14's
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

thanks for sharing ,hope to see you back with another Datsun at some stage
otisd
aka: otisd

Post by otisd »

Hi all in the Datsun club. I am the proud new owner of Justin's Hamilton b310 sunny project. I wanted a car suitable for club/track days, and boy does this fit the bill. Have caught up with Justin since and showed him the progress to convert it to a dedicated track car. Nice guy and clued up! I will post pictures when I get to grips with this PC tech stuff! Car has had radiator re-cored and mounted on 50mm ally box section to move it back so the fan is totally within the shroud. Really sucks now! Fitted a Micro Dynamics DRL 1 rev limiter ($190 ex Merlin Motorsports U.K) with soft cut out, works great and a no brainer considering all the care and work Justin put into the engine. Have a Rollcentre lap timer to fit so there can be no lying about lap times! Car is currently getting its Autosport race seat with 5 point harness fitted. Then new brake fluid and we're out there. Oh, also removed the 22 Kg tow bar assembly....Cheers Rob Evans, Whitianga.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Now otisd's b310 sunny project

Post by Bartman »

Congrats on your purchase!
Thread title now edited too.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............