Luke's 1200 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Re: Luke's GA16DE Coupe

Post by joelbrown »

rear with 165/65 (outrageous and unnessesary stretch)
IMG_20130813_194720.jpg
IMG_20130813_194739.jpg
[/quote]

Guna be a Boss looking Coupe , mite be different in person but those last two pics look cool with the stretch on
1990 1200 ute
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

a know a guy on old school with a 36-1 laser cut trigger wheel and a sensor for $50 if he still has it.
Also setup weith a hall effect sensor instead of a vr sensor. hall effect is a more reliable signal
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Located where??? Was gonna get john to make me one, but I could buy this as a template. Can u get for me as I hate os website lol. And I fix u up tonight
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

car is back home for a month as dans going overseas.

will try progress as best i can...... :deadhorse:

i want the front lower, as it sits its just a silly short spring, and i have seen these on trademe for i think a reasonable cost,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 993705.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if anyone has bought a set id like to know what they are like?

i just have a few cert related questions for people with stupid low cars.(who actually have cert i hope?) or anyone in the know regardless.

1. what are the specifics of the 100mm to part of car rule?..... and is the 100mm BEFORE i need cert? which il be getting anyway. at this point only one point of the coupe is lower than this, the rear shock mount sits at 95mm from the ground.

2. to lower the front to the point where im happy it really needs another 30-40mm taken down, which i get is likely to be coilover teritory? hence the post above.

3. the rear ideally should match so the sills are level, at this point its about 130-135ish mm at both ends but the actual chassis rails are at about 105mm, can i go lower?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Don Hoff, who is the only game in town atm, wont cert anything under 100mm. Or so I'm told.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

It used to be (and confident it has not changed) that the cert level is determined by the measurement between the two front wheels (and then done again between the two back wheels) at the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the rim, that no structural part of the car is under that line. That is so if you got two flat tyres your chassis does not hit the ground.

Pretty sure that is the rule. Can anybody confirm this has not changed?
My orangatang 510 here.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Bartman wrote:Don Hoff, who is the only game in town atm, wont cert anything under 100mm. Or so I'm told.
so legally your car cant be below 100mm or it will require cert ? yet you wont get cert in chch with a car below this, so therefore you need to raise car back to 100mm or more to get cert whereby you will no longer need cert ???? :roll: :roll: Im confused , be strange if that was the case.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

the 100mm Rule is in the WOF guidelines that no steering, suspension or structural part of your car is lower than 100mm. Ie a sump at 80mm is fine as long as the rest is at 105mm sort of thing.

I was of the impression that a lot of cars have been certed below 100mm at the steering,suspension & structure, But if Don Hoff says he isn't doing under 100mm then your stuck.
Speak to The Cert man. It might be frustrating, but you really need to hear it from the man doing the cert.

LVVTA Cert Plates do not actually list a height to the ground from the chassis, As Ging mentioned the CERT plate lists the measure from the middle of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Does suspension include control arms, or just crossmembers?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Anything I think.
I was told second hand that Don wont roll under 100mm. Could be untrue.
Best way to roll is slam car, then cert with high profile tyres. Then switch to low pro as you can find, and you then have cert for a ground scraping piglet.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............