Autotrader.co.nz Site and scammers

all else goes here...
EMs SR1200 UTE
Regular

Autotrader.co.nz Site and scammers

Post by EMs SR1200 UTE »

Ok, as I think trade me is such a rip these days to list anything I decided to give autotrader.co.nz a go as its only ten bucks to list your car...I listed the blue datsun ute thats for sale on here.

Anyways a day goes by and at 1.40am i get a txt on my fone from "abbo2570" saying "Hello, i just want to ask you if you still have this car for sale. if yes reply me to upton88901@hotmail.com.

Thats the exact text not a typo at the end lol. (reply me to)

This morning I email this...

Hey,

U txted me lastnite about my ute still being for sale, it sure is.

Cheers,
Derek

He replys back with..
Hello !

Thanks so much for your prompt response concerning the purchase of the car i am really interested in buying the car, is there any additional information i need to know about the car? What is the final or actual price which you will like to sell it for me? I hope to read from you soon.
Best Regards,

Mike

Reply by me..

Hi mike,

The ute is a project and needs some time and money spent on it, theres a couple of rust spots here and there but strucually its fine. The rego is still on hold so it should be easy to get on the road again.

Where are you from by the way?

Cheers,
Derek.

He replys with this which makes me think hes fucking with me and wants my bank account details to deposit the munnies.......

Hello.

Thanks for your response, am from united kingdom and i really have an interest in buying this car from you, concerning the pick up of the car you dont need to worry your self because i have an shipping agent that will come for the pick up after the payment has been done and your name and your address will be needed so that the pick up can be done,

Concerning the payment, the payment will done through paypal and i will be responsible for paypal charges and all necessary things needed, you don't need to worry your self about any documentation because my agent will arrange for all papers that is needed, pls kindly let me know the price you are willing to sell the car.

Waiting for your soonest response,

Thanks,

What do you guys think this is a scamming prick or what??? :baseballbat:
Not going to reply and if I do I have two words for him.
S13 SR20 Datsun Roadster Ute
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Autotrader.co.nz Site and scammers

Post by 85_Z31 »

A mate of mine went through this at work, It turned out to be a scam and it started out just like you have described.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

no speaka the English = SCAM just tell them in our country its customary for them to E-mail you their account details and pin no. so that you can transfer their money directly into your account, standard procedure lol
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

we had this a few years ago when selling Pips R33.
They wanted to transfer some money for it, well above what we were asking for it, and were going to export it to usa for a movie.
haha retards
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
EMs SR1200 UTE
Regular

Post by EMs SR1200 UTE »

datsunboy wrote:we had this a few years ago when selling Pips R33.
They wanted to transfer some money for it, well above what we were asking for it, and were going to export it to usa for a movie.
haha retards
They think we are a bit thick here in little ole nz, I saw right thru it when he said he was from the UK. WHATEVER :crazy: You want a car from the otherside of the world I dont think so. The thing that made me laugh is he didnt use the word ute, he used the word "car". What a dick.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

There was a guy posting here a while back saying he wanted a 330 and had a pic of my old one on his post, I emailed him and he was like "How much for shipping to Canada?"

Umm..... no.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

They overpay via paypal, get you to western union transfer the difference back to them, then cancel the paypal payment so you are left out of pocket.

Simple scam, but surprising how many idiots fall for it.
EMs SR1200 UTE
Regular

Post by EMs SR1200 UTE »

Godzilladat wrote:They overpay via paypal, get you to western union transfer the difference back to them, then cancel the paypal payment so you are left out of pocket.

Simple scam, but surprising how many idiots fall for it.
Haha I saw right thru it wen he said he was from the uk, thought he could suck me in but I didnt come down in the shower of rain :lol:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I had a want ad up here for some 19mm wheel nuts.
Some plonker pm'd me saying he had the items I was after, and in excellent condition. He was in the UK.
did I have a contact phone number he could ring me on? (I've been phoned by a pommy guy for some parts one, only he backed out for fear of getting scammed)
So I said sure do mate, +643(and then I gave them the phone number for the CHCH central police station)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Post by SRDATO »

Same thing happened to an old work mate a few years back, they told him they needed a cheap cqr for transport when they come over and transfered 12k for a 2k cqr and asked him for 10k refund, was smart enough to go to cops.

Then last year they tryed it on me basicly the same as above, they actualy hit buy now on my car without any previose contact and from a first time trader.

Think they under estimate NZ intelligence :roll:
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit