i got a custom fish tank made an its the wrong size!?

all else goes here...
sunny79datto
Datsun Nutter

i got a custom fish tank made an its the wrong size!?

Post by sunny79datto »

as per title.. this is the little hobbie i have on the side.
from the start.. i brought this big fish from a petshop ..knew it was big an will grow bigger an would need a bigger tank)sweet so got it an they said you'll need a bigger tank if want to keep this guy so yea knew that.
bit later on thought yea i want a bigger tank treat myself to a xmas present. so went to the shop said hey do you rember how i got that big fish yea ya do you make custom tanks? said yea we do an asked the guy their who makes them he said of the top of his head 1g give or take probley on the + side so i was like hmm alright
i asked for a tank 2.1m x 600mm x 600mm ok. so all sorted going to plan keept going in seeing bout when getting that tank as had nearly paid it off.. then went their saying hey is it to late to change them measurments could i go 700 high? she rung an asked the maker. said you could he hasnt orderd the glass yet. But it would cost a extra $300 odd cant member the exact figure but that was because they said if i wanted to go over 600 high i would need 12mm glass...BUT...they said i could go 600 high but 750 wide for the same price.
so thought bout it an thought yea ill go wider instead thatl make up for it so told her yea ill go with the 2.1 x 750 x 600. so she write that down an told him.. all going to pla still paying it off then paid it off before xmas last year thought cool will be able to sit down holidays an enjoy it. but no keept dragging on an then in the holidays me an my flatmate built a stand to suit a tank 2.1 x 750 as planned
only just got the tank last friday as he only got the glass the other week aparently.
an the tank is 2.1m x 600 x 650
so have been back an said its wrong an its turned into a he said she said battel. the only recipt i have is for 2.1 x 600 x 600 im sure i had one for 2.1 x 750 x 600 but dont anymore but havent seen any recipt paperwork from then yet as they couldnt find it. my gf that was with me at the time when changed them measurents went their today an talked to them an their saying i need to pay a extra $300 to get it made to 2.1 x 750 x 600 i dont see why i should when it was them that muckd up the measuments? he said he would sell the one i got an make a new one
..an to top if of you should see the finish product of the silicon an joins have put pictures of the tank on a fish fourm a they said its unprofessional finish.. what can i do?
doddle69

Re: i got a custom fish tank made an its the wrong size!?

Post by doddle69 »

hey dattofish
i saw ya pics over on fnzas. if it was me i would take it back and get my money back.
i wouldnt trust it
sunny79datto
Datsun Nutter

Post by sunny79datto »

hey yea thats me.. well now im in the battel of him sayin to pay extra 300 if want it made to size i said an yea havent got up him about the build quality yet because been trying to keep some peace to sort it out. but yea you should see the silicon job an the bracing if you could even call it bracing. i just checked it before an im even more shocked at it the more i look around it.. i could walk around it all day pointing out all the bad points. i wish some one in chch of that site would come have a 2nd opinion.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That sucks dude.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
sunny79datto
Datsun Nutter

Post by sunny79datto »

sure does.. they know theyv done wrong but wont admit it.
doddle69

Post by doddle69 »

sunny79datto wrote:hey yea thats me.. well now im in the battel of him sayin to pay extra 300 if want it made to size i said an yea havent got up him about the build quality yet because been trying to keep some peace to sort it out. but yea you should see the silicon job an the bracing if you could even call it bracing. i just checked it before an im even more shocked at it the more i look around it.. i could walk around it all day pointing out all the bad points. i wish some one in chch of that site would come have a 2nd opinion.
i was thinking someone would go look at it for you.
and no i wouldnt call that bracing.
you mite just have to get up him about the build quality.