Looking at moving to NZ

all else goes here...
Unionmine

Looking at moving to NZ

Post by Unionmine »

Hello my name is Chad I live in a small town in norther California and i'm fellow Datsun junkie I have a 510 and a 1200 gt4 race car and have had around 50 or so Datsun in the past. I'm thinking of Up roting my family and moving to New Zealand. I have look at info on the net but its kind of vague. So I thought i would give a good old Datsun club a shoot. I could use a little Help answering a few questions?
1.For a family new to the country what would be the best place to move i'm willing to move to another town at a latter date looking for a good starter town. 2.How is the job market i'm willing to do anything to start. the field i'm in is water treatment.
3.How are the schools do you have home schools?
4.How are people treated coming from a outside country like the u.s
Thanks Chad
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Looking at moving to NZ

Post by torqued »

Chad Welcome.

First things first. You cannot come onto a site such as this asking for answers but teasing with Datsuns.
Where are the Pics?

Secondly.
NZ is a wonderful place with its own culture.
As in best place in NZ to move to? Depends on your lifestyle and what you are after. North to South NZ is quite different (personal opinion) start north which tends to be more "city and metro" to South which is more "country"

Some people home school but our public school system from what i understand is still rated quite highly.

You will get a hard time being from 'Merica but it will only be light hearted an not in a offensive way.

unemployment apparently is at its highest in so many years, but i personally put it down to laziness.
No one i know has ever had trouble finding a job.

So in answer to your questions. Get Pics
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

Old pics. the 510 is know missing all its paint and flares. it will be getting bubble instead of boxed flared and a new paint job. the dime had lots of rust and the 80s body work was starting to come off. the 1200 is also a project but both cars run and drive. the 1200 was a car I had a long time ago. In a odd turn of event it came back to me about 6 months ago. it has been a race car since the mid 70s and shows it. also pic of a wagon and 620 truck that i sold.
I will try to get some new pics soon
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Hey are you one of the people that are moving to NZ because of the elections? Haha

I would personally recommend moving to Christchurch in the south island, as there is the largest Datsun community here and most of the events and cruises start from here.

We also have a race track called ruapuna if you will be racing.
I think there's about 350,000 people here, so it's a reasonably good sized city.

In the north island there is a good race track in Taupo, but the town is a bit small, so tips probably want to live in Auckland. Tho I personally hate Auckland haha.

There's plenty of work going in Christchurch at the moment, not sure about your field of work tho

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

[quote="datsunboy"]Hey are you one of the people that are moving to NZ because of the elections? Haha

I would personally recommend moving to Christchurch in the south island, as there is the largest Datsun community here and most of the events and cruises start from here.

We also have a race track called ruapuna if you will be racing.
I think there's about 350,000 people here, so it's a reasonably good sized city.

In the north island there is a good race track in Taupo, but the town is a bit small, so tips probably want to live in Auckland. Tho I personally hate Auckland haha.

There's plenty of work going in Christchurch at the moment, not sure about your field of work tho

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2[/Election what election? I have kicking this around for a couple years. The Christchurch area looks to be more to my liking. as for a job field I'm in the water treatment field. but i will do anything to start. I'm still looking in to how hard it will be to get all the paper work for me and my family and maybe a car or two brought over and legal. so far its a lot of paperwork.
Last edited by Unionmine on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

Have you been to ChCh or NZ?
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

Best 620 ever.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

torqued wrote:Have you been to ChCh or NZ?
I have not. Ive had a few close friend who have gone on long vacations
And who I share the same likes and dislikes with. Yes its odd to just up and move to a new place. I have put a lot of time and thought in to this some time the best way to do something is to just jump in head first. the only thing that's holding me back is Paperwork and the concern of not being able to find work.
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

Seek.co.nz
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeah Christchurch is a great city and has plenty of opportunitys. Unlike other new zealand citys we have plenty of room for garages with houses unlike dunedin/wellington.
Im sure there would be a job for you or similar to the skills you carry here in chch.
All the best!