Re: Convoy From the north For Akaroa thread.

2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

kk-kolonel wrote:Hey Fizz - come stay with me on Thursday night in Welly. catch around a 10am sailing for a decent time to haul down to Chch.

I have a couch you can crash on.
10 am sail will make it tight for track day, although with that amount of wheel time, just drive straight onto the track, brakes and tyres will be well warm, and you wont need to get much more of a feel for the car than a 2 day excusion from the top of the island down lol .

I see there is a 6pm sailing on the arahura, no reason why we couldnt make that if we left early enough.
would put us in the south island around 9.30pm
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

kk-kolonel wrote:Hey Fizz - come stay with me on Thursday night in Welly. catch around a 10am sailing for a decent time to haul down to Chch.

I have a couch you can crash on.
i did think about doing this mr kk but as you well know it is about the convoy so im pretty keen to stick with the pack so will do what they are keen for but if it turns out we are in wellys will def hit you up by text.

man im running out of time for certs. need this diff sorted! so are we thinking we should book a ferry now?

i propose a plan like this. head down to Wellington on Thursday and catch either the 6pm or 8pm ferry. Roll of the boat and head to a DOC camp ground as there is heaps like 30 mins off the boat then those who want to can slam up a tent or sleep in your car, what ever tickles your fancy. Then get up and have a leisurely roll to chch.

See the Marlborough section of this for camp grounds. I was thinking number 12 at robin hood bay as it is free but then if there is no one there you can roll for free at the pay ones anyways
http://www.doc.govt.nz/upload/documents ... psites.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit of a map to robin hood bay
https://maps.google.co.nz/maps?saddr=Pi ... ra=ls&z=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I can vouch for KK,s Great hospitality! True GC!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I can look at getting paddock space in blenheim,if people want to put tents up. otherwise I am looking at options regarding cabins, there is the riverlands roadhouse diner, its a 24 hour parkover spot for motorhomes and trucks etc, they have toilets food and cabins at $100 a night with a dbl bed and a single bed and couch, plus the floor :lol: or alternatively,a large carpark for sleeping in,( carpark would be a bit noisy though)

I have talked to the people at the roadside diner, and we may be allowed to hire one room for up to 4-5 people, they also have cabins coming from overseas, that may be on site by the time we roll through, I am happy to book a cabin in advance if I can have definate nos by the end of the month.

In retrospect when we rolled up here in the motorhome, we made the trip from wellington ferry, to taupo in 8 hrs with stops etc, and that was in the truck (not the fastest house in the world)

so 6pm sailing should be easy, even factoring in wellington afternoon traffic.

I need expressions of interest for this, from anyone north of Tauranga/hamilton , as I would like to post a rough timetable for assembly points and times along the way,
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

yeh im keen for a cabin. def not keen on sleeping in my bucket seat.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

right, I have pmd one of the moderators to hopefully post me onto the front page, from here i will edit timetables and meeting points etc as they come to hand, i will book a cabin at the riverside roadhouse, this should work out well, as its on the way and they have a 24 hour resteraunt, and fuel as well.
datomic
Regular

Post by datomic »

sup team is anyone getting a ferry Friday night from wellington? would be keen to get a lift to chch if there was a seat going. will probably hitchhike if all else fails. I'm also on the lookout for some freight space back to wellington, need to get 4 wheels and some struts back so if anyone has the space that would be awestastic.