Re: Kitch's 120Y

Post by Datto_610 »

Keep it up. It's really coming along!

Sent from my LG-P350 using Tapatalk 2
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

I see the 120Y's twin brother is for sale....
very similiar condtion to my one
although does not have fatory tacho woodgrain insert or the GX steering wheel??...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 380302.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Kitch wrote:I see the 120Y's twin brother is for sale....
very similiar condtion to my one
although does not have fatory tacho woodgrain insert or the GX steering wheel??...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 380302.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wow this is pretty cool, would tidy up nice, very tidy door cards etc.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Wal its near identical condition to mine, mint door cards & hood lining, couple of small rips in seats and a crack in the dash!
GX Auto, and same colour (ish) and bumps and bruises, also low owner low km example.

And in other news.... :burnout: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AstUDPwu ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Nice work man! May have a few questions when it comes time to do the swap on mine.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Kitch wrote:Its a hard job trying to make a 210 look cool (especially on a budget)!!! :lol:

Photos dont show all the bumps and scrapes, and the few wee rust bubbles, but is solid enough, and clean and dry car.

Got a few wee things to do before WOF next week (?), but I have certainly broken the back of it. can't wait to dump it down on those wheels, think it will look quite cool 8-)

Want to get all finished a few weeks before hand so I can get some km on it to sort out any wee issues, before I mission it up to Akaroa.
Very cool dude. Be great to catch up with you and the Y @ Akaroa next month!

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

yeah Braasy be great to catch up with e1.
also be good to actually attend Akaroa!

Wife gone to a show tonight, and kids in bed...
so I have stripped down and repaired the rusted up water washer pump - and she is all good now
going to repair the demister hoses, and leaky radiator hose, only thing really left to sort is handbrake
don't work no good, I have dialled up the adjustment, but still no good, better pull off drums and inspect
the shoe and spring condition.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Just about to head up to the lakes (long weekend in Timaru)
but have just finished oil change, setting points, new plugs, fitting rear seatbelts, and interior grooming, new floor mats etc....

Took it up the road for another wee test drive, whoops....., kind of got caught up in the moment, and ended up about 5 or 6 blocks away before I remembered I had no WOF & REG! :?

Think its all but ready for a WOF next week, just need to get hand brake working first.

Looks pretty cool out in the daylight with the big polish up / stripes & mags.... got a few looks for sure, but man I need to slam it at least 2-2.5" front & rear!!!!

Kind of thinking about putting a side drafted A15 in it too... man stock A12's are slow!!!!! won't be before Akaroa though so she will be a 60mph drudge there and back....
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Standard A12's for the win! Good stuff Kitch, hoping to have my sisters coupe back in for a wof recheck this week. Hopefully 2 120Y's will be road legal by then end of next week aye?
timas datsun
aka: timas

Post by timas datsun »

Kitch wrote:Wal its near identical condition to mine, mint door cards & hood lining, couple of small rips in seats and a crack in the dash!
GX Auto, and same colour (ish) and bumps and bruises, also low owner low km example.

And in other news.... :burnout: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AstUDPwu ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i see :beer: you have found a gearbox lol this is parkys old ride ?? good deal ? at least you have one on the road ah !!! i nearly bought one for 600 bucks here but a cool car and no air con just arnt worth it !! ill take the cheap japa with air con any day !! race you in december tho mate !!! :burnout: :baseballbat: :baseballbat: :baseballbat: :dance: :dance: :dance: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: xxoo