Saturday track day

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Saturday track day

Post by classicdat »

Most opportunities to get on to Ruapuna either come during the week or at the expense of a Licence and club membership.
I have been invited out to the track on Sat. March 17th, with the Fiat Lancia club, this is a rare opportunity on a weekend, if you are keen let me know.
$50 pre entry, $70 paid on the day. Cheap!
I quote the Entry I was sent, "Japanese cars will be allowed at the discretion of the organiser. (Me!) Please no EVOS, WRX, or SKYLINES...
Anyone not participating in the spirit of the day will be removed from the track immediately. Boy racer antics will not be tolerated!"

I went to this last year and totally enjoyed it, (not so the trip home, and the car has been in the shed ever since) the organiser is actually a great guy and club members will be made very welcome I am sure. I'm not sure if I will make it in the Z this year, although might even bolt some decent rubber on the 1200 and have a blast. Anyone got some lowered suspension and bigger brakes?
Datsuns from A to Zed
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Re: Saturday track day

Post by nick_m »

mine wont be ready by then vaughn, but if you need a codriver yell out. Id love to come out for a blast round the track. That pleasure has still managed to escape me!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Flick me a PM nearer the date or post on here and see where I am at. Z has a couple of dints in the front guards from the ride home last time, still drives fine. It has a cage and seats, these would be required if passengers were to be taken. I'm always happy for passengers if someone is silly enough to take up the suicide seat.
Datsuns from A to Zed
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

haha will do vaughn
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Keen, just remind me and we will get the y out there, see if I can keep up with a certain z. Haha..