visit to NZ

For all your general datsun ramblings
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: visit to NZ

Post by classicdat »

Airport thing should be OK for me too, pick up or Drop off, there would be a bed at ours too, but 2 kids, one 2, so not really party central. I should be around on Monday if nothing else happening, could take a spin in the country if you like.
Datsuns from A to Zed
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Exciting, very exciting! Can't wait :mrgreen:
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
NosHero
aka: NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Looks like things will go well! Thank you everybody! I can sleep anywhere in summer (but not under a leaky car). Appreciate all your offers. Let's talk about details when the day gets close.

Drive slow until I get to see your cars. Don't crash before that!

Hisashi
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

So very annoyed and deflated I dont have the money and time to finish my car before then to come to Christchurch with :(
My orangatang 510 here.
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

On a different note - I'm not sure how popular stickers are in NZ, there is a cool one-time offer sticker that comes with the current latest nostalgic Hero issue. Check out the attached photos! It's kinda hard to see in the photos, but it says Japan Association of Designated Classic Cars Preservation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

That sticker is cool :thumbsup:

it would be great if you could bring some nostalgic Hero and maybe other stickers with you for some of us to purchase
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

Hey there,

I've fired you a PM regarding the Auckland area meetup, I've got a lot of friends and contacts with some brilliant cars so we can perhaps arrange something. Dependant on when the Nostalgic Japanese Car meet is arranged you may even be in town for that.

But I'll stay in touch if you like :)

And yes - I'd rock the hell out of a sticker like that.
vegie
Datsun Dreamer

Post by vegie »

hey snoozin, was thinking the same thing. they havent finalised a date yet have they?
went to the last couple, and keen to go again... :D
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Hey Guys, thanks for your interest in our magazine! Just to clarify, there is a group called Japanese Nostalgic Cars in Los Angeles, USA, but we are different. Nostalgic Hero is a Japanese periodical magazine for Japanese classic cars, printed and issued every other month. I've been writing for it from California, USA.

Because I'm only a writer&photographer, I don't really deal with selling. I could bring some copies If I would be coming from Japan, but doesn't work this time. Sorry. I'll try to talk to my editor in Japan, though. Also, a few people sell it on Ebay - search under Nostalgic Hero.

The sticker is a different story - I'll ask the editor if he can send me in US beforehand and me bringing them over. The particular one in the above pictures is stuck in the magazine copy, so there is only one way to get it - buy a copy now! If anyone near you understands Japanese on website, I can tell him/her a way to buy directly from a Japanese distributer (although shipping is still quite expensive).

Finally, about the meeting in the Auckland area. A S30 Z owner from Weymouth has suggested to meet on Saturday 28th. I'll be in Papakura. Could somebody take a lead on this?
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

We need to get back on top of this meet!
it should be pretty cool.

I unfortunately won't be in Chch that weekend :( so who wants to organise the garage day?
I can give my garage keys to someone lol, since I got mine, Pips, and Gregs cars here to see
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!