Stupid Question

For all your general datsun ramblings
KSpatz
Regular
aka: Kristin

Re: Stupid Question

Post by KSpatz »

Don't insure cars that are driven regularly?? what's the purpose of OWNING a car if you aren't going to DRIVE it??? Rofl...it's a CAR it's meant to go places. Talk about oxymoron there.

Not to mention, how would they know? what happens if you don't usually drive it often and get insured with them, and then your main car breaks down and you have no choice?

And even after hearing all that...I still like my Mobile Insurance's offer of $540 a year!
1985 300zx T-top all original
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

At a guess I'd say that their target market would be people who have old cars but only take them out on weekends. I guess this would probably represent the majority of oldschool american car owners and hot rodders in New Zealand. The can probably offer competitive insurance for these people since they represent a relatively low risk investment (less time on road = less chance of damage).

It sucks for me though, since like you I think that cars are made to be driven. Was a real downer to find out they wouldn't insure my cars. I had the same thought "how do they determine regularly driven?". The lady on the phone wasn't any more specific than do you drive it 3 times a week...
Insurance companies tend to avoid paying out wherever possible so I really didn't want to end up using my car more than was allowed if it ended up with me not being covered :(
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I would assume theyd see it the same as my insurance company classic car cover......they say 5000km a year

It's fine for me, I bus to work and drive the daily wagon with the missus on the weekends....... Plus you could always disconnect your speedo cable lol
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!