What are the rarest datsuns in NZ?

For all your general datsun ramblings
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Re: What are the rarest datsuns in NZ?

Post by crustywhip »

I have seen heaps over seas so I know its not super rare but is the only registered one in nz. Its a sedan and extremely tidy. Coupes are the meanest.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
unlimitedpower
Datsun Mad

Post by unlimitedpower »

There was one at Horopito Wreckers quite some time ago. Not sure if it was a coupe or sedan think it was probable a coupe as the guy there discribeing it to me was saying it was exactly like my 160J but with a longer front and 6cyl engine. He pointed to where it was but i was a bit short of time to go have a look. So its unconfirmed but there could have been a 2000gt Coupe in NZ at some stage.
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

This wiki page explains the reason why the Nissan Datsun name changing fiasco:

Datsun was a name for the US export market, which included Oz and NZ. Partial reason was so that US armed forces personel did not associate Nissan cars with Nissan military vehicles which were being pumped out of their factorys in WWII for obvious reasons.

Try search for Datsun on yahoo japan and you wont find much.

Datsun 1200 = Nissan Sunny
Datsun 1600 / 180B = Nissan Bluebird
Datsun 240K = Nissan Skyline

etc etc
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

Dattochriswagon wrote:Shit who thought i could cause so much excitment. All i know is 910sss aint so rare

of course most sss 910's aren't rare, they seemed to badge most of them sss.

Im just talking about a New Zealand New, two door sss powered by the l18t.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

You should ask the owner how they know that it is the only one.
you say it was confirmed by ltsa? How do we do that? Cause then we can all just ring up and find out how many of each datto there is!
would be sweet to be able to do that, but somehow I doubt you can
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

datsunboy wrote:You should ask the owner how they know that it is the only one.
you say it was confirmed by ltsa? How do we do that? Cause then we can all just ring up and find out how many of each datto there is!
I second this. I'd be really interested in getting a run-down of how many different Datsuns are out there. Seems highly dubious though...
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Mikewazowski wrote:
datsunboy wrote:You should ask the owner how they know that it is the only one.
I second this. I'd be really interested in getting a run-down of how many different Datsuns are out there. Seems highly dubious though...
I will ask when I head up today. I know he was dealing with the LTSA for a while as they did not want to help him to begin with. The bluebird was reg'd as a 180B and he was able to show sales brochures with chassis numbers so it was changed to the bluebird 200GT. Maybe the one up Horo's was also reg'd as a 180B.
Im not expert on the different models of datsuns but am interested in some of the rare beasties tucked away still in the system.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Not the rarest but rare, datsun 2 door sedan b310 rare in nz for some reson....not in usa...cunts
dat180
Regular

Post by dat180 »

230 Cedric/Gloria wagons and coupes, then that super sweet pillarless sedan that sold 2-3 years back. 330 Wagons and Coupes, rare as.
Odditys or all about. 2 dr 120y sedan that Ron found, some of those things that Brocky came across- like the C230! How about the NZ new S54's? Or A30 Glorias?

GX 180B coupe. Only ever seen one. Need it's tail lights.
lewishorrell
Financial Member
aka: biebs

Post by lewishorrell »

[quote=GX 180B coupe. Only ever seen one. Need it's tail lights.[/quote]

were these known as 180b hardtop deluxe?? ive neve heard of gx 180b coupe, thought only other 180b coupe was the sss unless this gx is a late 70s one??

i believe my particular model 180b sss is very rare here most are the 73 onwards facelift ones, apparently mine was the second one to be sold nz new in late 72 when they were finally released here and 73 they changed to facelift, they were first released in japan in 71 as far as i know as blubird-u 1800 sss ans ive been told (by maldat god knows if its true) but he owned a 71 blubird-u here in nz must have been imported.
1972 p610 180B SSS
1970 p510 1600