Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
skdmrx
Financial Member

Johns cedric sgle

Post by skdmrx »

Hey Folks

s most of you know i bought a CEDRIC SGLE earlier this year.The plan is to put a vh41 in the engine bay.make entirely new tubular front suspension and convert the rear from standard leafs to 4-link with a hilux diff.Itll have airbags in all four corners so it can be nice and low but still practical.Then give it a splash of paint some wheels and finally go cruising! thats the basic plan but itll get gts25t front brakes,A32 cefero rear brakes,a monster ally radiator,oil cooler,big fuel pumps,fancy pants air suspension leveling kit and hopfully a few other special bits and pieces.i'm planning on adding ITB's to the equation but that might wait till after cert.
So far ive completed the rear suspension minus paint(4-link,diff,shocks,bags).welded in the new trans tunnel,i had to raise the back half of the tunnel so the driveshaft/diff wouldn't hit it when the cars at its lowest point,mounted the engine gearbox etc,and mounted a few other wee things.
I have to draw the new front crossmember before i can make it,after mindf*cking myself for a few weeks i got nick_m on the case of modelling it with CAD( thanks nick!!!wish i'd done that earlier!!) We just have to finish off a few bits then I can send it off for design approval,before finally building it.

Anyway,great to have a new site.heres what ive been up to lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Pk5d59hMk
my ceddy
my ceddy
inspiration
inspiration
4 link going in
4 link
air bag mount
wheel clearance
ground clearance
groung clearance
diff tunnel insert
drive shaft tunnel
trans tunnel
trans tunnel insert
trans tunnel
heater in
bag extended
engine

ive just got my heater mounted,im using a 260c heater because its based on the cedric one but it doesnt have the air con and its controlled by cables not vacum.i had to change the heater control pannel to suit the 260c heater but that was a straight swap except for the plug and mark swapped that over for me.at the moment im working on modifying the fuel tank and rear tubs,ill keep y'all posted
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
Seibu Keisatsu
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by Seibu Keisatsu »

Awesome, love what you're doing with this. Suspension, engine, everything.

May I ask what wheels you've decided on if any? Hope it's not the ROHs above^!

Also the Gun grey 330 you posted runs an IRS rear end from a GX71 Cresta, would be pretty cool hint, hint. ;)

Good luck and look forward to further progress... :mrgreen:

http://gx61.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

thanks,i couldnt miss the fact that the gunmetal one had irs but had no idea what it was out of thanks!still not sure about wheels but they have to be over 16 inch to fit over my breaks,do you know what wheels were on the second ceddy you posted up or do you have any more pics of it?
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Looking good John!! Stoked to finally see some pics of how she's lookin. That CD you sent up with the pics was just a blank CD!! Doh!! :lol:

Progressing along nicely mate, liken the tunnel work. Can I ask what the black stuff you brush on over the top is?
mitey1200
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mitey1200 »

mint!!! u should change the lights to twin round headlights like the old skylines. just a thought. looking kool :D 8-) 8-)
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

the square lights are the best filthiest thing about it i love them,but i can totally understand how some people hate them.260c have twin round lights,theyd bolt in and the cedric loom even has the plug for two!!

haha sorry blake,computers arnt my strong point.i'll post heaps of pics up here so you can keep in touch with your old girl anyway.

heres a few pics of todays work,im tubbing the back a wee bit so i can fit my wheels right up in the gaurds.the factory gaurds have very round corners so im just making them more square,i still wont be able to run 305's or anything to crazy on the back.

before
after
after
biproducts
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Churs bo, good to finally see some pics of it again! Definatly keep those headlights man, circles are wayyy overrated. It's hip to be a sqaure. Liken the tubbing idea. 305's? You going eagers or something? No stretchy tyres/rubber bands?
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

HaHaHa yea its way hip to be a square.still no idea on wheels or wheel/tyre size,it has to be 16 inch or bigger thats all i know,suggestions welcome! i'm throwing round the idea of making some of my own jdm style centers (3 piece wheels) and buying the rims to suit...just a thort.
heres a couple more pics of todays tubbing fun

Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

good to see you're working your magic John. :mrgreen:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

cant have tubs without swaged lines.even tho they will be coverd in carpet and underbody seal i couldnt resist.