Looking for work

all else goes here...
Garth
Financial Member

Looking for work

Post by Garth »

I was doing work for a small IT company but have had a bit of a fall out with the owner, mainly based around promises of payment and that not happening. So now I am looking for work.

Have IT experience but I am more keen to do something hands on and physical. Any general labour work going or any apprenticeship type things would be great. Hard working and quick learner.

Know of anything let me know. Preferably in Christchurch haha
DAT620
Datsun Driver
aka: J

Re: Looking for work

Post by DAT620 »

I can put your name in at my work but their might be a couple of months 2 or 3 max before there is any jobs available. You have to be able to count to five and push a button though.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

DAT620 wrote:I can put your name in at my work but their might be a couple of months 2 or 3 max before there is any jobs available. You have to be able to count to five and push a button though.
That would be much appreciated if you could man, if there is somewhere I can send a CV or anything I would be happy to do so. Haha I think i can even manage counting to 10 if I use both hands!
DAT620
Datsun Driver

Post by DAT620 »

Sorry dud, talk to the boss today, he says we are just going to get in Temps to fill the gaps when we get busy again. We use Ranstad temp agency if thats any help?
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

All good man, ill have a look into it. Cheers
DAT620
Datsun Driver

Post by DAT620 »

DAT620 wrote:Sorry dud, talk to the boss today, he says we are just going to get in Temps to fill the gaps when we get busy again. We use Ranstad temp agency if thats any help?

HAha ment DUDE not DUD,
KSpatz
Regular
aka: Kristin

Post by KSpatz »

Don't know if you'd be interested, but NZ King Salmon needs a couple people. It's farm work so there's heavy lifting and whatnot. I know the people I work with all have qualifications (ie degree's from uni for the most part) but I know the company has two openings, one for a fixed term weekend worker (if you work nights you can maybe get a whole weeks worth of pay in only three days), and one for a full time. While you might not have much of a chance at the full time, the weekend is a pretty tough spot to fill, so you could have a chance. If you know generators and things, pumps, wells that would help.
As I say, I don't know how hard up they are, and what other applicants there may be, but we're flat out working overtime so I think it's a situation of any hands can help. Look up New Zealand King Salmon, their Tentburn site if you want, it's about an hour drive south of christchurch but we all carpool since the majority of us live in CHC. I'm in Riccarton, so are the lezzies I carpool with, and our other guy is just off Lincoln road down near Halswell. Also, it's a hands on, mostly physical job, driving a manual ute and a forklift as well, and it's almost entirely outside all the time, so we get weather gear, boots, gummies, and waders as our PPE. (it's also FREAKING cold in the winter!)

Good luck finding a job mate, I personally know how hard life is when you don't have one in a recession!
1985 300zx T-top all original
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Cheers for all the help fellas. Had an interview and accepted a position at B & D Doors today and am starting work tomorrow. My datto was very happy to hear it would have some money heading its way once again!
KSpatz
Regular
aka: Kristin

Post by KSpatz »

Congrats man! Good to hear there's still some jobs to be had lately!
1985 300zx T-top all original