Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
atchernv
Regular

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by atchernv »

Hi there,

My name's Alex- I am 22 and currently in my last year of study. Proud owner of '78 120Y Sedan since September last year; been good to me so far, Ive even managed a drive up to Auckland and back around Christmas without any major dramas (it used ALL of its oil and lost the D badge off the front on a speedbump.. which Ive replaced from EBay :) ).

Haven't really done anything major to it aside from the cosmetic changes courtesy of someone who drove into it while parked outside the house (luckily enough they felt bad and left their insurance details.. still panel beaters are taking ages with the bumper). Planning to invest some more heavy duty TLC into it next year when I leave uni and join the rat race

Before the Datsun I also briefly owned a '78 Mini :) (although the body looked great the engine was quite bad off and I didnt have the money to fix it up at the time)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by atchernv on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsun-less
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

sweet bro we should hang some time :beer:
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

DylPhil7 wrote:sweet bro we should hang some time :beer:
Welcome Alex

A month or so ago there were 3 120ys on the same street in Petone. Yours, a white one and my gold one so its good to see you here. Im also willing to let my current bumper go if the panel beaters cant find you one.

Chur Kane
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

Ah I did see the white one at the lights, - as far as the bumper goes they still have mine but what they've done is send it up to Auckland to get bent back into shape, Auckland sent it back un-chromed to make sure it fits and it got sent back up to get chromed.. last time they had me come in they went to put the bumper back on only to realize that it DIDN'T fit after all and sent it to Auckland again.. which beggars the question what did they actually do the first time it came back?

@DylPhil; would be great once my commitments subside a bit- running backwards and forwards between part-time work and uni atm ;)
Datsun-less
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Sup knee-grows,

My name's John, I'm 29, a hose technician, and I currently live in Petone.

Currently I have a 1972 1600SSS in pieces just languishing in a shed due to my panelbeater ripping me off. Never again.

Also I have owned a '72 1600 deluxe, stock but rusty as with a chopped loom that I never did anything with, and a white '72 1600 that I bought in Auckland and drove all the way to Masterton with no reg, no WOF, no seatbelts, giant holes in the floor, no speedo, etc. I saw 10 pigs at least and didn't get pulled over once (whew!). This car then got stripped for paint and panel, but replaced after a few months of inaction from aforementioned panelbeater and the shell replaced with the genuine SSS one I have now. I kept all the doors etc to put on the SSS and sold the other shell to a (former) mate. Wish I hadn't because he still has my 910 struts, lowered springs, front bumper and Subaru LSD+axles. Oh well.

I have actually met a few of you guys, I bought my flywheel off Shannon (pl510) and witnessed the awesomeness of his orange SR20 beast, I was down in Christchurch and attended a thirsty Thursday with my mate Steve-O, (datman310), I know Brendan (mint16) was there, apologies to those of you whose names I can't remember. Oh yeah, and my mate Willie built a super-tidy pale blue 310 wagon that's on this site somewhere, so I'm not a total noob.

I will be down in Christchurch again soon for a few months after easter, so look forward to meeting a few of you fullas again and collecting some parts.

Future plans include actually finishing a project car for once, winning Lotto and assassinating John Key. Oh well, one out of 3 ain't bad.

I also have a fetish for MA61 Toyotas. If you have one, or know someone with one going cheap, I want it for my daily.

Oh yeah, and don't believe that stuff Steve says about being poor, he uses gold bars as blocks to put his Sunny SGX on while he waits for his platinum Longchamps XR4's to arrive from Japan :violin:
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

broke wrote:Sup knee-grows,

Future plans include actually finishing a project car for once, winning Lotto and assassinating John Key. Oh well, one out of 3 ain't bad.
It won't be lotto, and the rate of us finishing our Datsun projects is slim at best, so yay it's the John key option :strangle: , get him ! Haha
Welcome aboard!
My orangatang 510 here.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Welcome John
Im sensing a Welly crew, My cars a located in Petone so you will prob see me cruising around.
Perks on hoses?
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Cheers crusty,

Don't recall seeing any 120Y wagons around lately, but I've definitely seen that black 120Y sedan with those Techno Racing wheels around quite a bit. I think I've seen that white 120Y sedan you were talking about parked on Buick St a bit, for a while there was a jap import 2L 2+2 Fairlady next to it as well, think they might have the same owner eh.

Dunno about this Wellington crew thing, might have to wait a while as I'm soon heading down to hang out with our sheep-shagging brethren in the south, but will definitely be back some time to put my baby back together (I hope).
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I sold some parts to Willie. He wrote that wagon off aye?
I'd be keen to catch up when you're down this way again.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Yeah mate, we'll have to get another thirsty thursday or something going when I head down, I'd be honoured to meet the legendary 'Bart Simpson' I keep hearing about.
He wrote that wagon off aye?
Not sure, the term 'wrote off' implies there was insurance.... sad though, I only saw it once in the flesh, but that paint was just beyond amazing. He's got a 1600 now too.