Quake in Christchurch

For all your general datsun ramblings
KSpatz
Regular
aka: Kristin

Re: Quake in Christchurch

Post by KSpatz »

Yer, we're ok too, though Drew has lost a cousin and his Auntie is in hospital, but the Auntie will be ok. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to dig out his cousins body though. It's all very sad, but luckily our place and everything in it is fine and dandy. Lost water for a short time, but was back on before you could say "bugger".
We have a spare room as well if there's need, but anyone wanting to come here should know were right in between Blenheim rd and Riccarton rd, so you wouldn't be getting further away from anything. But our place hasn't suffered any damage from either quake, so we're sweet as. SOOOOO glad we've been lazy and not parked the Z in the garage lately!! And there's only the tiniest bit of liquefaction down the road (it's a bit bumpy out here now too!), but no sewage on our street and no power loss so we're the lucky ones.

I hope everyone else is ok and if you need anything just ask :)

K.
1985 300zx T-top all original
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Thoughts are with you all and keep smiling if possible.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Lulu
Datsun Driver
aka: Lucinda

Post by Lulu »

Hey Everyone, sorry only just getting to a computer now. My roof has caved in at home so our house is condemned and the Clarendon Towers in town is a complete right off so will no longer be working in the CBD apparently. I'm staying in Ashburton with various people at the moment, a lot more peaceful down here!

Hope everyone is staying safe, we will all be in well need of a reunion sometime soon!

P,S my brothers Ninja fell on my datto and dinged it shit times, but then I jumpstarted it, drove it over to matto's, bled the brakes, waited an hour and a half for petrol then drove it 90k's all the way here with no reg no wof....annnnd I don't think I could care less right now! Just glad everyone is alright
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Hope you guys are soldiering on up there.

As mentioned earlier if anyone wants to get out of town, I have space. even if you want to just come down for a few hours and do some washing and have a shower if you have no water or power.

If you are unable to find your way down, I can come up and get you.

just let me know what I can do to help

Kitch
027 2910 351
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Hi guys

Big thanks to everyone on here for all the love and support and an even bigger thanks to the guys from out of town for offering beds, etc.

We here in rolleston were not affected much and still have power water etc so can come here for showers and water to if wanted. And thank god we are not feeling most of the aftershocks.

Take care everyone
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I too are completly overwhelmed with the support from our Datsun family out of town!
We are doing alright. Ive just been visiting grandparents reguarly to ensure they are alright.
I too have power and and water. So also if anyone in town who dont is more than welcome to come over and hep yourselves. Also got driveway space if your datto is in danger.
We were quite lucky over here this time compared to the last one.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

just to let everyone know, the guys from japanese nostalgic car, send the love and support to us all
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

If anybody needs water or a shower they are welcome here

even if you just want to come to get away from it all for a few hours just let me know

I am in Rangiora txt or call James 021 022 856 77
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
datman310

Post by datman310 »

85_Z31 wrote:If anybody needs water or a shower they are welcome here

even if you just want to come to get away from it all for a few hours just let me know

I am in Rangiora txt or call James 021 022 856 77
likewise, if anyone wanna get away and cum chill and have a beer etc flick us a txt
TL Speed Shop

Post by TL Speed Shop »

We are all ok. Had to move out of a valley last night due to the evacuation of the other side of the road. We thought it was becase of the hill coming down but it was just the rooks that have been tumbling down. We are back now though.
It took 3 hours to get from Sockburn to Heathcote. The 120y was getting hotter and hotter. I fixted this by popping the bonnet and propping it open with a tape case. This worked a treat.

But I think my adrenal gland is suffering from RSI withallof these after shocks.

Take care all.