Orange Daily 12ie...My daily 1200cc of Vit. C

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Orange Daily 12ie...My daily 1200cc of Vit. C

Post by classicdat »

Well the work is about done, but thought I should really post what I can of the transformation.
1200 Kaikoura 061.JPG
I've owned the car since 2003, used it as my Daily for a bit then parked it up, awaiting a cage.
Got it out again when the shed it was stored in was sold, towed it to Christchurch, got a Wof and used it as my daily again.
Took it off the road Late 2009, got it back on the road in time for Akouroa 2010.
Here some pics of 'Before'
I am a bit disappointed with the number I took, but the one in the shed shows a bit of the work that went in, completely stripped, guards, etc off.
And some after pics, one showing how the girls love it!!!
1200 picking up chicks.JPG
1200 Crash paint.JPG
1200 front Crash paint.JPG
1200 rear Crash paint.JPG
1200 Garages are full 005.JPG
1200 picking up chicks.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by classicdat on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members

Re: Dirty Datty 1200, 2 tone Grey and Mustard, to Orange

Post by classicdat »

Really enjoying the 1200. Took it to Timaru at the weekend to the classic racing, just to watch. IT's going really well, (On the open road) and enjoyed the trip home even more once I had got the passengers 1/4 light to seal, no wind whistle, what bliss.
I fitted a new engine when repainting the car, well new to the car. I built the engine 10 years ago, A12, front Dizzy. Only regret, forgot how radical the Cam was, 80 deg. more valve duration than std. Really lumpy, as some commented at Hill Top, but doesn't really work with the SU carbs.
Milder cam will solve this (I hope)
Datsuns from A to Zed
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

To reverse the photos you can place them "Inline" in whatever order you want. Edit the post and go to just below notify just above choose file attachments area and you can choose your photos in a pop up menu and choose place inline.
Now back to reading your thread :)
My orangatang 510 here.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Ah em, computer illiteracy, I read the post and followed as I understood it, but don't think that was the outcome I was looking for. Bah!
Datsuns from A to Zed
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

classicdat wrote:Ah em, computer illiteracy, I read the post and followed as I understood it, but don't think that was the outcome I was looking for. Bah!
Sorry, its just below the text box you type the message in is a drop down menu with a list of your attachments, and a button next to it that says place inline.

So you go to the end of your text where you want the photos to go and then you choose which attachment you want to display first from the drop down list and press "Place inline". This will add a reference of your photo in the text part of you message.
Again click at the end of the new text, hit return (for a new line) and then choose your next photo and hit place inline. Keep going until you have gone through all your photos.
Should look like this:

[*attachment=0]photo1.jpg[/attachment*]
[*attachment=1]yournextphoto.jpg[/attachment*]
[*attachment=3]thirdphoto.jpg[/attachment*]
[*attachment=4]etc.jpg[/attachment*]

(without the *)
It will display the photos in the order you place them in.
My orangatang 510 here.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Thanx Ging, took sometime to reread the post and tried again, makes sense. Sorted.
Engine back in the Z today, hopefully wired and plumbed tomorrow and run up, then Wof and maybe even ready for Rakaia. Then it's cam swap time for the 12ie.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Awesome work Vaughn!
Loved this 1200 at Akaroa!
Lookk forward to seeing your Zed!
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

mean, I love how you datsun is the family wagon. Mine will be too :)
My orangatang 510 here.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

The girls love it, not quite civilized enough for the wifie yet, once the cam is in hopefully she'll use it more. Plan is it will be my daily, I use it heaps now, but it is challenging to drive in city traffic. Even with the race cam in it I'm getting Mid 30s to the Gallon. (on the open road). Would love a 5 speed, but just fixing the wind noise has made a big difference.
The Z goes today, going out to start connecting everything up now. The beauty of a third child and having to be a stay at home dad! Living the dream!
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Well the Z runs, had me beat for a start, it ran before the motor came out, but it just wouldn't fire, nothing. I had an electric fuel pump to prime the system, it leaked out the input side of the mechanical pump, so fixed that. Was sure it wasn't fuel, had spark so started messing with the timing. Had to give up to do the school run. Thought about it and checked the fuel flow to the carbs, nothing! I'm sure I heard it fill the fuel bowls, But must have been imagining things, again. Blocked pump out let, bypassed pump primed carbs, cleared blockage and checked mech pump, all good. Flicked key and straight into life, what a relief.
Oil pressure and charge all good.
Just got to fix horn button for a Wof.
Wahoo Rakaia here we come.
Datsuns from A to Zed