My Prince Skyline Vid

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
nzmax
aka: Steve

My Prince Skyline Vid

Post by nzmax »

My 1962 Prince Skyline Deluxe 1900, which ive finally got the fuel issue sorted, ended up being a blocked pipe. Decided to video the test drive. Turned out way better than expected. Will take it to the garage next week to get a wof check done to see if anything needs doing before I take it for a VTNZ re-rego with new plates. Fingers crossed it will be all go for the Rakaia run, although am cutting it fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHZ9ANjZqQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: 1962 Prince Skyline Deluxe, 1985 C32 Nissan Laurel 2.4GL 5spd.

Previous: 1965 Prince Gloria 6, 1985 C32 Nissan Laurel 3.0SGX V6 Hardtop, 1982 C31 Datsun Laurel 2.4 Hardtop, 1982 910 Datsun Bluebird 2.0, 1979 810 Datsun 180B.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: My Prince Skyline Vid

Post by dirtyleppa »

wow man, thats cool. will be so stoked if you can make it. been hanging out to see this
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Wow, looks fantastic, legendary condition, couldn't believe you were doing 50 there at one stage, so smooth and tight sounding.
Datsuns from A to Zed
nzmax

Post by nzmax »

Hopefully VTNZ agree with the condition and give it a wof.

Havent re-rego'd a car in 20yrs. I guess that as it has already been registered in NZ in the past (twice: 1962 and 1992...lol) that it will be a standard wof check plus confirm previous registration, chassis, engine numbers checked, etc, or do they go over it with a fine tooth comb?

The only thing I can see it being failed on is a little bit of rust on top of the guards between the fin chrome and back window. Its a bit pitted, but not through to holes or anything like that. There is no rust under the rear window rubber or immediately near it. Fingers crossed.

It will cruise at 62.5mph (100kmh) fine, although the motor is very rev happy which makes it a bit noisy, but not so much that you cant hold a standard conversation. After all, they are only 1900cc dragging round big 1300kg of body. Should still keep up with modern day town traffic.

Previous: 1965 Prince Gloria 6, 1985 C32 Nissan Laurel 3.0SGX V6 Hardtop, 1982 C31 Datsun Laurel 2.4 Hardtop, 1982 910 Datsun Bluebird 2.0, 1979 810 Datsun 180B.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Such elegant splendour! What other words can describe such a grand old lady?
I can't wait to see this car in the flesh. It looks so clean and tidy too. The 1st thing I thought when you did a camera pan of the interior was, I wonder what it smells like?
Does the AM tuner still work? Best tune in coast if it does. I tuned Mike's 180B wagon in to coast, and we were blasting the old school tunes whilest rolling in style.
Where did you plan on joining in our merry procession?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nzmax

Post by nzmax »

Bartman wrote:Such elegant splendour! What other words can describe such a grand old lady?
I can't wait to see this car in the flesh. It looks so clean and tidy too. The 1st thing I thought when you did a camera pan of the interior was, I wonder what it smells like?
Does the AM tuner still work? Best tune in coast if it does. I tuned Mike's 180B wagon in to coast, and we were blasting the old school tunes whilest rolling in style.
Where did you plan on joining in our merry procession?
It has that doesnt get used much smell. My parents '63 Pontiac, that they have had for nearly 40yrs and doesnt get used much now days, has the same smell.

The radio still works, but is very scratchy, which is to do with aerial I think, although the shitty old clarion box speaker wont be helping matters either.

Was thinking about joining in Ashburton. Hopefully the Skyline passes wof, although I could use the Laurel, and failing that, I could just bring the Maxima, which wont be quite as exciting.

Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

At least bring the Laurel if the prince can't make it.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

WoW!
Truly magnificent car there!
Fingers crossed for your wof and re reg
Really look forward to meeting on the rakaia cruise!
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

when you re-reg a car they do a more intense wof style inspection of the car.

They will focus on the rust quite a bit and depending on how bad it is they might request an engineers report to prove the repairs have been carried out correctly as well as leaving rust exposed to physically see repair is adequate.

I know a guy who tried to re-reg a RX-3 coupe and the car was recently painted, they identified some rust in the car and he had to strip the car back to show repairs.

You may also need to replace seatbelts with modern ones. They look a lot closer at the suspension and braking side of things too.

The stupidest thing is you will probably have to put in a high stop light in the rear windscreen if there is not one already.

Depends how anal the guy is that does the check though I guess. Great looking car by the way!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'm pretty sure stuff like seatbelts only need to meet the required specs for when the car was new. Dan's kp510 got complianced with lap belts.