Trackday Ruapuna Monday 13th December

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
Bartman
Committee Members

Trackday Ruapuna Monday 13th December

Post by Bartman »

NZHondas are holding a trackday on Monday 13th of sept. They don't have the numbers themselves to make it viable , and have invited silviasNZ and SubClub. I hit up their south island rep and siad there may be some takers here. he told me to post it up on his behalf. So if you'd like to have a blast in a legal and safe manor (why wouldn't you?) then follow the link and get on board. (You may have to join the honda website)

He tells me that he'd like to run a number of these days next year. So don't be a keyboard commando, get into it!

http://nzhondas.com/forum/upper-south-i ... -more.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Trackday Ruapuna Monday 13th December

Post by classicdat »

What a day, 8 Hondas and 9 Nissans (2 Datsuns), amongst others. Win!!!
Lots of fun, really can't over state it, it was epic!!! If there is one thing you have to do in 2011 this has got to be it. You don't need at rocketship, in fact you might even enjoy the day more thrashing it completely, rather than looking like you should be going faster.
Just something reliable to thrash, sounds like a Datsun to me!!

The day went well, we went from too much fuel, to too little fuel, to too much fuel, to I think that's enough fuel for today.
The day started with a carb fire, had to be my car - because it was the only one with carbs. Just a wee leaks, been sitting for 18 months, didn't leak in the shed when I started it, but caught on fire on the trip out. (that's another story).
Next we ran low on fuel, coughing and spluttering, so fill the tank to the top and headed back out.
Wow, too much fuel, she's coming out all over the back of the car, so back to the pits, extend the fuel breather and we're racing again. After the 4th can of fuel was tipped in I though that's about enough for one day. These track days are really great value, as many laps as you want, some good guys to hang out with, and on a day like today, I couldn't have thought of a better place to spend a sunny day.
Chris ran it well, I really encourage you to get out to the next one, Probably about Feb next year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Im in love with your Zed!
I intend to particiapate in a track day next year
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

That zed makes me horny,
My orangatang 510 here.
ProZac

Post by ProZac »

The day was pretty epic really... I spent it alternating between driving DJZ's turboed 280zx and another friend N/A S14. Heaps and heaps of fun, with no majour dramas.

Then Vaughn took me for a ride in his Z. Dear lord, what a night and day difference between what he's doing and what we're doing! Utterly convinced that i need an s30 shelled racecar now. Decision made!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Here's a link to some Photos for the day, it's no coincidence there are so many photos of Nissans, next time it needs to be Datsuns filling the page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56977529@N ... 6764/show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I really wish my car had been up to the challenge. Looks like great fun.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............