No more Free carjam!!!!

all else goes here...
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

No more Free carjam!!!!

Post by Dattodevil »

http://carjamonlinelimited.createsend4. ... ujsdddyr/y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: No more Free carjam!!!!

Post by classicdat »

I'm quite in favour of this rule change, up until now anyone can just rock up to a post shop (or car Jam) pay a couple of bucks and get your details. OK if you drive a grey swift, not so flash if you drive a desirable old car like ours that you can't replace. Seriously, I work with some fairly unscupuless types and feared for my safety and that of my family at times when relationships had gone sour, tightening this law will help keep your pride and joy at your place and people safer.
I will miss car jam and rocking up to super-cheap, giving a rego number and getting a part that fits, it won't be as convenient and those that want to screw you will, but hopefully it will only be by selling you a car with 500 000ks on it as only just clocking over the ton, not by torching the house.
Sorry for the rant, but I am looking forward to the change.
Datsuns from A to Zed
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

fuck thats BS, bloody government rape us with GST hikes, petrol increases, ACC levies, high registration costs, and now this crap.

C'MON, WTF :(
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Come on Leppa, I know it won't be as easy, may take a little more effort but we will still be able to confirm details about vehicles to confirm identity and mileage, that's why they are recorded in the first place. Guess I won't be able to be as nosy as I have become lately.
Datsuns from A to Zed
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

im in agreement with you regarding owners personal details not being available to get, ie phone numbers, names, addresses etc.

im just against the proposed cost of jumping on a website, just to see when a car last had a wof, or how many km it has done. that sort of info, as far as i know, does no harm to the owner of the car, so why start charging us to find it out?
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

When im buying a car, I dont care who owns it where they live or what they have in their lunch sandwichs

But what i do care about it my free right to know how many legit Kms it has done, If they rego lines up what what sort of car it is and wether now not the thing is stolen

The GST hike is a way of "taxing" the drug dealers and tourists but when they do things like this to squeeze every penny from dear ole average Joe...Sigh.

Cmon NZ Gov get your hand off it
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
2doorLB110
Regular

Post by 2doorLB110 »

I agree that you should not be able to have access to owners details but i agree that we should have access to the history of the vehicles.
If they get rid of carjam it also makes my job alot harder!! It sucks.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

I agree that we need to be able to access this information. I understand that it will be available, but that you will need to prove you need it. The rule change is to prevent marketers, car sales etc getting peoples information and targeting them, it seems to me it is another rule/law to stop unwanted activity that will encroach on the rights of those that are just getting on with life. The intent probably (I hope) wasn't revenue earning, but in the end this will be perhaps the main change, along with more effort needed to get the information required. Saddly those with the anti social tendencies will soon find ways around it and the measures will continue to increase and penalise us more. Welcome to the free world.
You mentioned your right to the information about my car, I hope you are right and the govt. respect this so the register can be used by the public as it was intended. My fear, the baby will once again will go out with the bath water.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

The only people who could afford to buy access to it, would be the car thieves themselves. :roll: