VG30 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: White Out

Post by 2 doors »

allright, :tits: this thing will be o for awesome, well done on keeping the dream alive.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Tanks you.
datsunboy wrote:so have you got this thing back home yet?
Not Atm just dropping some panels off but give me a few hours
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

glad to see adam, let the re-assembling begin :highfive:

if you need a hand, let me know
69SR

Post by 69SR »

Awesome work!! lookin good
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

This post is mainly for Shane (BRE510) benifit but anyway

Shane - i got the collaspable steering shaft sorted.

I also know where another one is , if interested PM me
DSC00167.JPG
DSC00168.JPG
DSC00169.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
torqued
Datsun God

Re: Small Update.

Post by torqued »

Ok so ive been asked to give a update of where im at.
this will probably be my last update for a while since im off on my OE for a bit but if you would like to keep in touch email me
adam@nzdatsun.com

I have the doors hung
DSC00179.JPG
But ive been mainly been focused on the motor side of things mainly the gap between the motor and firewall caused by the inlet manifold
and rear exhaust cross over pipe.
Ive picked up a new inlet manifold the pictures are of the rear bolt placings you can see how much over hang the orginal one had
SDC10044.JPG
and the new one..
SDC10045.JPG
its pretty cose to being bolt on its just the fuel rail and FPR that is in the way. I will cut this up and make a gangster shiney plenum thoe but for now it suits the purpose

this is the rear cross over pipe. you can see how much it needs to come back. (ignore the messy piping this is previous work and will be cleaned up)
DSC00176.JPG
I haven't decided exactly what i am going to do here either scallop out the fire wall or run the pipe round the front

as for parts today i got a RX7 oil cooler which ill mount out in the front, ordered a custom turbo from America to suit my application which should arrive any day now its not a cheap knock off Ebay turbo before you say it also

I took the tappet covers off and inside they are clean as a whistle so have been off and cleaned at some point. But during this process i noticed some rough cunt has broken a head stud :roll: dirty bastards . so ill have to ripp the heads off to replace this. while they are off its a good excuse ill throw some cash at the heads . It will also be a good excuse to ripp the pants off the motor and see whats up there more than likely end up getting a tickle up also. there is a engine builder warrently overheat tab on the back of the block so guessing its been rebuilt at some point also but ill still throw some new goodies at it . Im aiming for mid to high 300hp which will be a piece of cake :tits:

not much else really just trial fitting things. :thumbsup: and trying to locate things ive lost when i took it apart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

torqued wrote: I took the tappet covers off and inside they are clean as a whistle so have been off and cleaned at some point. But during this process i noticed some rough cunt has broken a head stud :roll: dirty bastards . so ill have to ripp the heads off to replace this. while they are off its a good excuse ill throw some cash at the heads . It will also be a good excuse to ripp the pants off the motor and see whats up there more than likely end up getting a tickle up also. there is a engine builder warrently overheat tab on the back of the block so guessing its been rebuilt at some point also but ill still throw some new goodies at it . Im aiming for mid to high 300hp which will be a piece of cake :tits:
Hi torqued

I love your build thread buy the way, I would love to see this as I am a huge fan of VG30ET's and 510's

I had kelford Cams design me a regrind from airflow data from my Cylinder heads, I did port matching for inlet and exhaust and polished the combustion chambers on mine and had Flemings cylinder heads throw a 3 angle valve grind on mine.

You may also be interested in going to 10mm exhaust studs as this was a huge problem on the Z31 VG30 motors, again I had Fleming Cylinder heads supply me 10mm studs and copper lock nuts

If you would like me to post the Cam grind data let me know & i can dig it out.

Your car is fantastic and I'm stoked that somebody in NZ is rocking the VG30 510
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

Hey dude.
Yea Ive been all over your thread as well. Reading it religiously waiting for every update. I love Z31s and thinking i need one as my next project! You sort of just popped out of no where aye.

I'm keen as a bean to catch up and soak in all the info you have learnt and your experiences with vg's .Sadly Im overseas at the moe and will be missing akoroa which is slowly killing me painfully. Meet up when I get back and you can boast about how much awesomeness I missed
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

That sounds great, I also eagerly anticipate the specifications of your new turbocharger, Let me know when your back and I can buy you a beer or something.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Ok, I seen Adam logged in here before.....but he didnt update his build thread!

Since he hasn't since last year, I'll do it for him lol.

Went around today to give him a hand pulling his motor back out.
It has a broken head stud, and he's got a new manifold for it, so he can shift the engine position back a good 100mm.
Wasn't too hard taking the engine out this time, dropped the g/box, then motor lifted out pretty easy.

He was telling me that part of his new found motorvation was due to people asking him about how his car was coming along, and him always having the same answer.......so lesson is.......keep asking him how its going, and it'll be done in no time lol.
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!