Solidstripe's Father of Datsun

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Re: Solidstripe's Father of Datsun

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Id buy one if i had the coin, I got to drive the one we sliced the rear quarter from, Its was not very nice tho, Ten years of grime and bird shit and wet soggy seat that i had to sit on as we towed it out of the paddock up to the workshop. :?
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

when viewing I will take some photos and up date you soon Cheers for all your help.
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Just picked it up from the shop! Man it's looking better than before! All the dents gone. Nice thick shiny paint, down one side and on the roof at least! :D Will get some photo's up when it's dry/sunny.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Sweet ! well done dude!!!
Will a hardcore polish bring the rest up to the standard of the rest???
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Already done mate! Got them to do it for $50, save me a hell of a lot of time + cleaning products. Looks so good... so happy.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

so pleased that it got fixed, must be cool to have it back again
69SR

Post by 69SR »

Looking foward to seeing the fully repaired pics. Gutted about that but, good news it was able to be reapired.
Respect it is a sweet ride.
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Thanks guys, I'm still trying to sorce the last piece, the bootlid stainless trim. If anyone can help out, please let me know. Once I get it, it'll complete it and I'll post up some pics.

Just a word of caution though. I would not recommend Collin Davis panelbeaters for insurence repairs in tauranga. They do a fantastic job, (the actuall people in the workshop, including Collin) but the person who manages the bussiness is not easy to deal with at all. I went back a few times to get him to fix bits and pieces (he told them to put stone chip brush repair paint over the scratch's on the front guard, and didn't fix a small piece of rust in the bumper) and he wouldn't have a bar of it. Then wouldn't pay the complete sum for the parts I supplyed. We had to get an assessor involved and it just wasn't cool... And I mean, I'm not being a idiot wanting them to paint the whole car, and rechorome everything and this and that etc, but I expect to have parts effected by the prang fixed, ya know?

End of story is, the assessor said to organize a time to meet down there to get him to sort it all out, but can't be bothered going back there, and don't particulary want him working on it anymore after things that were said, and giving me the run around. So yeah.

So I'm also after the drivers side rear bumper "fin" as well.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah, some panel shops are like that. We had the opposite problem with Shepard and kime here in CHCH. The guy we dealt with was very polite and helpfull, but the work was fucking AWFUL. It had shiney clear tail lights, and they fitted black clear ones. He told me, "oh they cant get those ones any more" (Their shop is 100metres down the road from japrace) I went and saw them and they said yeah we got some. as well as that, we had to take it back twice to get it to a remotely acceptable standard. I'd never go there again, not even to panel beat a wheel barrow.

(Sorry for the hijack.)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............