Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe (long over due thread...)

Post by 2 doors »

hey bart, that sedan would be mint for someone such as yourself. go on just borrow the money against your house you know you want to :D
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

yeah, that really gonna happen. :roll:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Bit of an update;

I have Rejigged the garage - so now I can work on the coupe and the sedan and get them in and out without impeding the wifes car....

I am starting with sorting out the front end on the coupe, 310 LCA's, castor rods and ball joints and ute X-member just freshly powder coated with new nolethanes fitted. I have found that (no surprise) the 310 sway bar is too wide between the mount holes by about 40mm, so will need to get my hands on a 20mm 120Y one I suppose.

I have just about finished the Strut mod's too with S13 brakes fitted up (thanks Brendan/Mint16) new inserts and HSD Coil over sleeve kit.
Still have not sorted out what I am doing up top, as far as top hats versus camber plates - any recommendations, was thinking about Noltec S13 ones and enlarge my tower holes to suit?

EFI setup not much further along at this stage, I have my EDIS kit and ECU and loom, and fuel pump sorted, and have started fabricating my inlet manifold.

2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe

Post by 2 doors »

top work as always, its always a pleasure seeing this amount of detail going in to a project, keep it up.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

mmmm shiny goodness :thumbsup:
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Lookin good dude! Amazing detail!
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Dumbied up the Suspension tonight, to try to sort out the shock housing shortening requirements, and insert geometry, and how I am going fit the top camber plate etc.

Stoked with how the 'Techno Racings' look with the guard sitting on top of them!

The track looks good with the S13 brakes, will get another 15mm each side too (and -ve camber :thumbsup: ) once I fit the 310 LCA's and ball joints.

torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Looking good.
What is the disc diameter?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Got all the new front end in, all nicely satin-black powdercoated and nolethane bushed with new ball joints and HT bolts.
Just need to get the shortened struts & steering components powder coated down the track, and fit the S13 callipers and longer wheel studs, and taper-drill out the 110 steering arms to accept the larger 310 ball joints.

Its sitting down, basically as low as it can go whilst keeper springs keeping everything captive, think that should be fine by the time I add 150kg of motor and gearbox and it settles as well, and hopefully if anything I will need to dial it up and preload the springs slightly to lift the guards off the tyres!

I am just running the standard top hats, am undecided whether I will go to camber plates or not (something I can swap out later of course)

The HSD Sleeve kits I brought in are mint, and I highly recommend them, great value here. I am running 4kg/mm springs (about 220 pound/inch) and they came with red anodised nuts and discs, decent 200mm long sleeve, and C spanners & Keeper springs etc; all for AU$270. and in Ø45mm is available to suit the wee 110 shock bodies! (also available in 48, 51, 55 and 60mm I think).

Of course the other recent purchase is proving a bit of a distraction both time wise and financially...

Next step is to get the stock A15 I have cleaned up and sitting in the hole, so I can start my fuel and electrical system installation, and mock up the throttle bodies etc, will aslo start to have a look at the rear end setup, with a vanette rear end sourced to throw under its wee bum.