Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
maddat1
Financial Member

Re: Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Post by maddat1 »

Nice place.lots of space to move around i guess.
I begin to like your build up...
cheers
mohit
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

First update in a while but just a small one.

A little bit has happened.
photo (4).JPG
Datto_610 lent me a 280zx master cylinder which seems to work well enough that I'll now try to get hold of one long term.

Wilwood combination brake distribution block and bias adjuster is mounted up, waiting for brake lines.

Have new hardlines bent up for 4pot calipers, to work with the standard rx7 flexi lines. Now with (borrowed) master cylinder in place, and distribution block on the firewall I can start sorting the rest of the hardlines and then get to fitting the rear setup I bought off Bart (I have all new bearing etc to get pushed on)

I have also found that the 15x7 0p Koya AE TEK should clear the front calipers with my brake setup so they are on the list of things I need to get (I took the whole hub etc into Platinum wheels to test)

The other new thing in the engine bay is the accelerator cable, which is from a Toyota AE111, which the throttle body is also from plus the accelerator pedal to keep all the leverage/travel ratios the same. I need to weld a new bracket up to connect the cable to the intake manifold but for now, electrical tape is doing a great job.

The other thing I am looking to sort is a new clutch master cylinder as I would rather start new then have to muck around with sleeving and new seals (originally went this way on brakes and ended up $600 down and brakes that still leaked and sucked). Does anyone know how interchangeable these are? No one really list these things for a 411. Wondering if this would work if bolt pattern is consistent http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 195290.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If anyone has a 510 and can measure the bolt pattern that would be awesome, or if you know of other clutch masters that share the same bolt pattern as a 510 (I'm assuming the 411 will be the same).

Also thrown the odd splash of POR15 around the place. That stuff is awesome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

por15 is awesome, but beware of anything that will be in direct sunlight, as the sunlight will stuff it big time
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Glad that master cylinder will work out for you man. Engine bay is starting to look pretty serious!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Yoeddynz

Post by Yoeddynz »

yeah I love the way this is going!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Are you going to run two tb's Jeremy, of move the one off the plenium onto the intake of the blower?
With no restriction on the blower intake, you'll need to either disengage the clutch, or run some kind of bypass. Otherwise when you lift off, the intercooler piping will pop off the instant you lift off.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Bartman wrote:Are you going to run two tb's Jeremy, of move the one off the plenium onto the intake of the blower?
With no restriction on the blower intake, you'll need to either disengage the clutch, or run some kind of bypass. Otherwise when you lift off, the intercooler piping will pop off the instant you lift off.
Nope - plan was to just run the TB on the plenum, and use two BOV to ensure I can vent air quick enough. This was advised by someone who had used the toyota superchargers in this way themselves in the past. He did say the noise isn't entirely pleasant.

I believe skdmrx also use to run TB after the supercharger.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Hi All,

Quick update and first in a while - a bit of progress here and there. Will mostly just be pics

New wilwood brake distribution block and balance adjuster + new brake lines for the front done + new clutch master
image.jpeg
Banjos on the 280zx master to fit around everything
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
Custom alternator mount in a similar position to the original a12 position but with a subaru 90amp alternator
image_5.jpeg
Ended up with 17's to clear the calipers due to the low top hat on the evo rotors and the profile of the 4pot caliper. Not exactly what I was after but it gets me rolling
image_6.jpeg
image_7.jpeg
image_8.jpeg
BOV's ended up in the front wheel fender due to space in the engine bay. Bart - this may answer your question.
image_9.jpeg
Finished welding up the hole from a previous owners mods
image_10.jpeg
Rear brake setup from Bart being put in place - just getting bearings pushed off to replace drum plate with backing plate. BTW Bart - can you remember what model/year the calipers were from?
image_11.jpeg
Fuel system underway
image_12.jpeg
Picked up a cheap block on trademe and just looking to through a head on it as a startup and test engine before I rebuild one properly
image_13.jpeg
The end for now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Looking good man! This is going to be one serious 410!
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Datto_610 wrote:Looking good man! This is going to be one serious 410!
I just hope I can get it going eventually, and if I do, that it doesn't blow up or the brakes fail :)
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50