Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Re: Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Post by jeremiahnz »

Here are some not so good pics I quickly snapped last night.

Unfortunately to fit an intercooler I had to brutalize the car in ways I didn't intend to... in my defense I have 4 intercoolers now, all of which I have tried to make fit to avoid cutting the car at all...

From the front
photo 1.jpeg
Engine bay (lots of things still mocked up and not in final resting place)
photo 2.jpeg
Fuel system in the boot. I made a bracket to hold the bosch pump plus the lift pump. It also has holes for all the hoses to run through to keep things neat.
photo 3.jpeg
Just working on getting the bearing sorted to finish the front brakes and get started on the rear. I am trying to get it back on the ground right now, just for a sense of achievement...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Wow! Thats looking amazing! Alot in that tiny engine bay!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Superb! :dance2:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Dattochriswagon wrote:Wow! Thats looking amazing! Alot in that tiny engine bay!
Thanks. Certainly ended up a lot more crammed in then I hoped for. In he-insight I may have gone NA or turbo. The supercharger does take a lot of room, and that was really the only place I could stick it with the tight chasis rails and running injected.

Adding things like a booster hasn't helped, but I do want a very drivable car (i.e. something my wife can drive to).

So slowly coming together. My goal right now is to get it back on the ground!
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Very Envious! Keep the momentum going :fire:
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

I just stumbled across this build for the first time, i can say i will definatly be looking forward to some updates from it, it really put a smile on my face, an inspired build man :burnout:
1990 1200 ute
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

joelbrown wrote:I just stumbled across this build for the first time, i can say i will definatly be looking forward to some updates from it, it really put a smile on my face, an inspired build man :burnout:
Thanks man. It's on the go slow right now as we are moving to a new house, which means we are renting a little cottage in between with no garage so everything is in a container. Should be back into it in a few months.

Next items are finishing the brakes (new lines etc) and getting some wheels that clear the calipers. I have one of these on the way so that will help:
download.jpg
Then it will probably be the accelerator cable next...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Did you get those rear brakes sorted out?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Hey Bart,

Didn't get a chance yet unfortunately. Just got all the bearings together and then I had to quickly throw everything back together to get it rolling again so I could clear out the garage (apparently garages packed with car parts aren't good for house sales).

I'll let you know how I get on once I can get back into it.

Cheers
Jeremy
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Just a quick update

Moved into our new place about a month ago and on Thurs this was happening to prepare for the barn
photo (1).JPG
Hopefully have the car out of storage and be able to work on it again in a month or so.

Bart - sorry I missed your question about rear brakes. I haven't had a chance to play with them as the car went almost straight into storage. When it is back out I need to get the bearings off, the plates on, and new bearings pressed in.

Also, I was in Ashburton on Monday for work and saw a 410/411 on a trailer. Does it belong to anyone here?
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50