1975 H330 station wagon

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

1975 H330 station wagon

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I purchased this wagon of Denham (Tauranga) who purchased it off Aaron (Christchurch) and will eventually home it in Blenheim. I had to have it so paid good coin for it. Karl saved the day by ringing up the previous owner and putting in the good word for me :beer:

Transported car with some blocks in the chassis to lift it up a little as it was completely on its ass. Relocated to my parents place in Palmerston North and took it for a WOF.
BD1A819E-5E5C-4FD4-BAC5-7BC8E731BEDB.jpeg
2682B1B8-3604-4630-B894-1953572E4C8B.jpeg
C59B35DF-2ABA-4B4B-86CE-5D03CA52A149.jpeg
Took it for a WOF, failed, fixed a few things and now it has a WOF. Thinking if all goes to plan, it might make Nationals in the wairarapa. Looks way cooler low but at least we are legal now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
maddat1
Financial Member

Re: 1975 H330 station wagon

Post by maddat1 »

Very nice.
I know few other guys were keen on it too.
See you at nats
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Lush! Very nice.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Been home to the manawatū for the week so got the wagon out for a drive. Didn’t like driving a boat so got some Holden HQ 6cyl super low springs for the front.

Drives a heap nicer. Now to do the rear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Out cruising again today with the family. Found some 1inch blocks in the spare box. I little lower in the rear now.

One axle is leaking at the stub axle seal. Is this going to be an ongoing issue with the shortened axle?

Help a wee helper too
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Drove it to Blenheim last weekend and it’s picked up a squeak in the back left wheel. Also now sounds like a tractor due to leak in exhaust manifold and pipe flange. Ordered some new seals from NZDatsunParts. Should be a quick fix 🤞.

Jack’d it up spun the RL wheel and it seems to hook every 360*. Wheel doesn’t spin true either, maybe bent?? Thought maybe the brake pads where hitting the hub so pulled apart to find the spring that keeps the brakes captive free/loose. Fixed, reassembled and still the same issue.

Maybe a bent axle??

Will start searching for all of the heater parts as there are non on this old girl. Block has been blanked off.

Loves the open road. Biggest engine I’ve ever owned! Kids love it.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Hi Tony,

Let me know when you start looking for heater bits, I might be able to help - have completely stripped 3 sedans and still have 3 sedans to strip. Although the last 3 are either no engines or 4 cyl Diesel I should have bits and pieces to help (3xLD28 engines under the bench too.

If you need an axle or want an axle to try Ive also got spares

Cheers
Brock
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Cheers Brocky :beer:

Decided to pull the whole diff out tonight to give it a look over. Will give it a scrub and service. Diff whines above 70km so might swap the spare that I have in and see if any difference. Is there a way to pre-check my spare?

Also, still have the issue with bird noises coming from the back left wheel. Found scuffing on inside off brake hub which has been rubbing on a section of the backplate. Either axle, bearing or backing plate needs attention. Bearing sounds slightly rough but is seems solid. Trying to figure out how axle comes out of bearing 🤦‍♂️

image.jpg

While under car found a few big dents to chassis which will need future attention. And of course, found some cosmetic rust in a few places. In the roof of boot under the bootseal and in back left rear window. Doors and section of D pillar will need attention one day too.

Reshuffled shed to fit wagon and decided to store fins with the sedan. Looks better this way when stored in shed 😆
2B84CAAC-2EBB-4148-8907-622677135FD5.jpeg
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Bearing was fecked. Ordered a new kit off TradeMe which was cheaper than Repco.
image.jpg
Getting the locking collar off was something I’ve never encountered before. Grinder and cold chisel was the advice so away I went. :baseballbat:

Didn’t have any large enough sockets to press out bearing so will do at work tomorrow.

I hate Facebook, so to keep myself sane I’m doing these posts hoping someone else will follow so it will give me something to read other than Covid & political bullshit.

Also, I decided to put the inverted springs back in. Hopefully that will give me the desired ride height without getting 2inch blocks
ADCE7C59-1D0B-492A-B994-AC1486E95F81.jpeg
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Very cool wagon

Are you around over Christmas?