Otodats vb11 rat wagon

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Otodats vb11 rat wagon

Post by Otodat »

This wagon has passed cert end of last year and is currently road legal, been keeping it local for now but so far hasn't caused any troubles so will slowly increase the radius from home it travels.Its quite good to drive but a bit bouncy, I haven't had a lowered car for a while.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Got the heater hooked up for queens birthday cruise. Found Gates 01-0004 to be a good fit. Been trying to get the temp gauge to work porperly, seems to stay low unless in town so tried to shorten the adapter I had made for the sensor
IMG_20220529_150211_290.jpg
Had thought it may be out too far, it didn't seem to make much difference. Next thought was being on top of the thermostat housing might be the problem but would need to drill and tap into another location in the block, which I didn't have the correct tap for, so left it for now. Taking a long trip first thing in the morning revealed that the engine is definitely running way too cold, so hopefully it's just a new thermostat needed, so that's next in the list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Oh yeah, decided since the bonnet is actually red originally it would suit a japanese flag type of thing but didn't want to go all in seeing as it would be like putting a confederate flag on an American car. Anyway my daughter helped me make this up, painted the bobomb and then masked and used thinners to take the white paint off the top to reveal the red
Screenshot_20220606-195152.png
Screenshot_20220606-195303.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Bonnet looking good steve
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

This thing has been going well and has made it to a few Datsun events now. Been plenty of little things done to it, the latest being a nos carb.
IMG_20230914_132255_HDR.jpg
And I've put air shocks in the rear to help with the variable loads this gets, like loading my family of five plus gear for a weekend away for example, or other general wagon duties...
IMG_20220530_111042_960.jpg
Also changed the front shocks but this still needs work, rumour is s13 adjustable shocks might fit so have been looking into this as I'm not totally happy with the way it rides. Anyway will try to be a bit better at updates here.
IMG_20221024_121102~2.jpg