scooters 260C H330

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
scooters

Re: scooters 260C H330

Post by scooters »

I actually got a good tip just yesterday. You tape over the bog when your happy with it. Then keep working away at the rest. It stops you sanding the stuff out you don't want to sand out. Well..... he had me convinced anyhow. :lol:
classicdat wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 am
scooters wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm Big Datsun saga 2020

still not straight yet. but you get where this is all going. It's off soon for the bonnet rust and some painting soon. Finding blocking the panels a dog I fill it then sand it all out. Cant get the hang of it.
I fully hear you, had a go at my 1200 for a couple of weeks, apart from polished metal and bog splatter you can't tell I even started, think I need some tuition.
scooters

Post by scooters »

Time for a update.
It's up and running getting about just fine. Just a bit of rub to deal with on the back. Full of fuel and kids it's bad enough to have to sort.

a few photos. Went and hung with the Nelson Datsun Crew.
Wass all G.

scooters

Post by scooters »

The new wheels and tyres ment that the gearing was up the shit. Howling pritty hard on the open road a few more RPM than what works for me.
Aquired a 3.7 diff. Stripped it. Noticed a bit of old historic damage. I suspect something went threw it way back when.
Put some new bearings in changed it. Gearing is perfect and the spedo is about bang on. Just set the diff up so it stayed away form the damaged bit as much as I could.