Yanky 620

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Stackedfish

Yanky 620

Post by Stackedfish »

Hi all,
Big photo dump of part of the progression on my 620 build. Hopefully the photo links work. Got heaps more photos of the fabrication I'll put up soon.

Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Yanky 620

Post by Otodat »

Cool Ute , look forward to seeing what you do with it :popcorn:
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Was this the one that was for sale in Chch a while ago? Either way welcome and keep those updates coming!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

Haha yes it is and your not the first to pick up on it. It was very kind of Louis to let me take it off his hands and I try to keep him updated on the build. Chassis will be in for blasting and an undercoat next week. Next up will be there cab and tray however I'm very very nervous about having the well-side blasted but dipping is to pricey. He's blasted classics many times (jap and yank) but I won't be able to sleep for the week it's in the booth.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Awesome ute - heres a couple of pics from the Akaroa Datsun Nationals 2013
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Im also wrecking 2x 620's if you need any parts
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

Awesome ! Wish It came with those side mirrors. Cheers for that Brocky. I'm after the steering column surrounds (top and bottom) without the hole for the column shift if you've got one. Most of the 620s I've seen being parted out have been column shifts.
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

Finally got the chassis back from the media blaster. He did a pretty good job and finished it with a industrial acid resistant undercoat. Have been re-assembling the chassis with new steering linkage and shock absorbers. Gas and brake lines have been run too. Do i need to run the fuel evaporation line up the left side of the chassis if I'm planning to to an ERG delete on the engine? Im still 50/50 about the delete, its just the previous owner cut a whole lot of pipes and blocked them with spark plugs, nails and screws and im trying to get it back on the road asap.

I have begun the engine disassembly which proved to take alot longer than I anticipated thanks to two little bolts in a very very hard to reach place. Those two little bastards that secure the intake manifold and extractors. I had to walk away from the workshop a couple of times to cool off. Turns out if you hold your tongue right you can get a flex-head socket wrench onto them. What do you guys use to get them on/off ? Boxed wrench ?

Just the oil pump to remove now then i can pull the head and check the coolant galleries for cracks. Motor is at TDC so i shouldn't have to time the engine if I follow Hainz's videos (awesome resource BTW. The guy knows his L series). If the galleries are sweet i'll order a full fel-pro gasket kit and possibly new sprocket and chain.

Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I remember this truck when Luis owned it. Looked like a real solid base. Are you going to stick with the L series, or repower it?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

The l20 is currently in the shop to see if it's viable for a rebuild. If it is I'll rebuild it to factory specs. If not then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Maybe an SR or a L18.