S30 260z resto mod

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
zeds_dead_nz

Re: S30 260z resto mod

Post by zeds_dead_nz »

Yea i had a chat to Warrick but hes quite busy with a few other project cars atm, he does come highly recommended
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Believe it or not , a cheap renovator tool with a scraper blade attachement works really well on that underseal.
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

Nice car!

Have you checked with a certifier regarding that techno toy kit? As far as I have been told, you cannot weld to steering knuckle / stub axle at all in NZ. TTT front struts have welded in brackets to steering knuckles which are not certifiable here. You can see it between strut housing and steering knuckle.

I have heard of others being told not to buy those kits for S30 or S130 Zs.

I am converting some S13 coilovers to a 280ZX and had very clear instructions from 2 certifiers + an engineer that nothing can be welded within 50mm of a factory press fit steering knuckle regardless of what the weld does.

Brackets are more obvious on S130 280ZX struts
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

You could probably make something a lot nicer than the T3 setup locally using weld on sleeves and a nice Koni/Tokico/Bilstein etc insert anyway if you can't get those certed, even if you just used their weld on sleeve kit and strut tops.

Alternately you might be able to ask if they'll make you some without the brace.
zeds_dead_nz

Post by zeds_dead_nz »

I will have to dig up the emails from the certifier but the modification to cast struts as you said was not allowed but if a registered company like T3 or BC coil-overs does it then it can be checked but the lvvta and certified, its a little vague and may end up being a whole lot of work but the reason i wanted to go with hat kit is its a full suspension/ diff conversion solution for me as i want to run rear disc brakes and a easily available and modifiable diff mainly because i haven't set what motor i want to run :?