Otodats President

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Otodats President

Post by Otodat »

Got some rust converter over everything this weekend plus inside A pillars and front of chassis. Will put cavity wax in these areas after front is painted.Image
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Post by ginga-dato »

I wouldn't bother cavity waxing the front until the whole car has been painted if you are doing it in a spray booth. If you cavity wax before hand, it can go runny again while on the bake cycle in the booth and either pool in the lowest point or run out of any drainage holes. Just a heads up
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Yep good call, am going to have crack at painting it at home
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Got this in primer, been doing a little bit of sanding as time allows ImageImage
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Back to blackImage
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Been trying to find new subframe bushes for the last month. All I’ve managed to get so far is sway bar bushes and two washers for the front of the subframe not sure what to do next
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

The trouble with what I have is I am not the first guy in here by the looks

The front round bushes are miss-matched and have a grinder cut down each side to get them to fit the hole. These are 55mm round by 38mm deep. One of the square blocks for the back has been hand crafted out of something and while it looks the same size on the bench when put into the subframe it sits at least 5mm higher
This block is 62mm by 74mm

So yeah that would explain the banging when hitting larger bumps and the sometimes vague/unpredictable steering.
So I guess good second hand is the best bet at this point, perhaps 330 Cedric might have similar bushes. If anyone has something please let me know
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Can you buy rubber in blocks from like para rubber etc - may be able to make your own new ones. Ive answered your help listing as ive got spare 330 260c parts and that sub frame looks suspiciously the same.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Been putting things back together. Taken alternator and starter to auto sparkie for an overhaul, had the brake master cylinder overhauled, I left the remote brake booster with them to but they said they couldn’t get a kit for it and never seen one before which sucksImageImageImage

Have also painted the bits of the front subframe that I can’t get to when it’s bolted in and modified the stray rear bush to sit in level with the other side may have to end up using it yet
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Quiet weekend, dragged these out and gave them a clean up and that’s about itImage

Will probably look at a few jobs on the engine this week. Still have the dash to put into the car but need to figure out the vacumn controlled heater/cooling a bit