Otodats President

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Otodats President

Post by Otodat »

Missed any decent weather to get the engine bay painted so will have to wait until next summer. In the meantime I have been trying to trace the wiring to get an idea of how it all works, what fuses do what etc. It ain’t easy, if anyone has any info would be appreciated.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Been slow progress on this but working at tucking the wiring in the guards and generally tracing things out. Still a ways to goImage
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Been fafing around with this a bit, put the lump back in to mock up wiring and layout, starting to look at bit less cluttered. Been thinking about trying to move the air cleaner box to the front where the battery usually is but will need to find a smaller a/ c pump. Had the top of the air box sitting on the engine a one point and yeah i reckon a cover over the injection in that colour and style looks neat and tidys up the engine no end, beginning to think up something ImageImage
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

As I will be keeping y44 in this I would quite like change the auto box to an overdrive one, I guess skyline maybe? The one in it says 3N71B on the side.Image
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Motivation has been low for this lately, but this weekend just gone did a little bit. Welded up some holes that aren’t used in the engine bay and did some sanding Image
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Scrapped some under seal off the outer wingsImage
Found an A pillar was a bit far goneImage
Cut and paste with a crappy patchImage
And did a bit more sanding in the engine bay, should be ready for some primer by Christmas
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

You can try get a L4n71B box - could even be an LD28 one. They have the overdrive (4th gear) without all the electronic crap.

You just have to swap the bellhousings over, maybe driveshaft to suit and maybe a mount as some are longer.

Jatco box - came on lots of things - have a google
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Thanks brocky will look in to it, hoping for something that bolts straight in- probably dreaming
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Because you are running 3n71 hopefully the 4n71 will go straight in - common upgrade for L series for the overdrive. Ill let you know if i come across any.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Pulled the front axle out and made a start on cleaning off underseal in the arches this weekImage