Jordan's 1200 Ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Jordan's 1200 Ute

Post by ginga-dato »

Been wanting another datsun after selling my project 120Y to my workmate. I couldn't bring myself to finish it and just wanted it gone. I wanted a datsun that was road legal so I could actually enjoy it instead and didnt want a massive project again. Always thought that the utes were awesome little cars so when this one popped up on trademe I had to grab it. Its a standard A15 with a 5 speed and it seems mechanically sound. It made the trip from timaru with no problems. The bodys pretty rough but thats easy enough to sort out and I see that they are still making thai panels for them which is wicked so if it ends up being bogged over rust lurking under the paint then its not the end of the world. My plans for now are to focus on the interior until i can get it into work and get the body sorted. Im thinking doing the body white with charcoal coloured flares, front bumper, pillar vents, mesh rims and tailgate handles which should help break up the white a bit and throw away that snowplough on the front (unless someone on here wants it). If i do anything to the engine it will be small. Maybe just a single weber carb and a bigger cam and exhaust but thats far down the track. Had to laugh when i saw the DC belt holding the battery box together and will probably just keep it for the laugh factor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Re: Jordan's 1200 Ute

Post by ginga-dato »

A couple small things to update. Got a couple tires so now I've got a full set of rims on the ute instead of 2 separate ones. had to pump the guards out a little bit so i don't crush my guards when it bottoms out. might go for a bit more of a stretched look to help with fitment when i get the next set of tires. Took the snow plough off the front and luckily nothing bad was lurking behind it.Got some el cheapo guard mirrors and got them measured out and put them on (paint to come). I've also got some panels that sit against the bottom of the A pillars in the footwells and some 4 inch speakers to attach to them plus a new radio and some 6 inch speakers to put in the doors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Damn that chin spoiler is massive.

Mesh wheels look sweet, hope this gets as much love as your 120Y did.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Hahaha yea man it definitely had to go. Might get one of those vw golf ones but still undecided
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

My first thought was, Hey bro, Batman called. He wants the chin spoiler off the batmobile back! lol
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Hahaha looks totally different without it. Got myself a new woodgrain steering wheel cause the old one was cracking rather badly so i thought time for an upgrade
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Done a couple interior bits since I'm waiting for some space to open up at work so I can do the body. Got rid of the mesh piece covering the factory radio hole and put a radio blank in and after struggling to find a plain woodgrain gearknob I bought this one which fits perfectly
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Took my radiator cap off the other week and the water looked like it was out of a murky swamp so I thought 'f**k that, time for an upgrade'. So I bought a nice alloy radiator, new hoses (because the old ones were crunchy), new thermostat and got some new oil cause the stuff in it looked pretty old. Radiator was one off trademe and was quite impressed when it turned up within 5 days from Australia. The pre drilled holes were damn near bang on for mounting it aswell and I'm still able to run the factory fan so pretty stoked about that
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Looking mint!

Are you worried with engine movement it might collect the radiator fins?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Theres about 7mm gap between the radiator and fan luckily. It seemed fine when I run it up but I was definitely cautious when I first turned the key