Neel's westy 510.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
slammmed

Neel's westy 510.

Post by slammmed »

Hey everyone.

Names Neel - first time datsun owner!

I've come from a background of hondas..below are some of the rides i used to own. (have had just shy of 20 hondas in my time) The car in the last picture, i still own and is a daily / track basher.

i've copied and pasted the below from a build thread on CJC forums - please excuse me if some of the below doesnt make sense in terms of timings etc :)

Thought it would be time to share my project. After looking for a datsun 510 for nearly three years, i finally got my hands on one!

She came up for sale in December 2014 - all the way down in Invercargil of all places! After talking to the owner and getting some details etc, i handed the cash over and got it shipped up to Auckland.

Pic of when i first got it. Had to tow it home because i coudnt get it started.

Body is very straight, especially being a 1969! Matte black makes it westie as fuck.

Engine wise, its running a l20b bottom end with a 1600 SSS head, twin side webbers, isky race cam etc - pretty impressive for an old set up and goes surprisingly well!

The 1600 came with some 13'' tridents with mint cond bridgestone eagers, so thought i would chuck them on to see what they looked like.

Then more recently, i flicked off the ghey 17'' advanti's and went old school with some Genuine 14'' Watanabe's.

Longer term plans is to strip the body right back and panel and paint some colour maybe an engine upgrade..but for now, going to enjoy it as it is, get wheels painted and tidy up bumpers etc.

Right - some time ago, Shannon had a chrome rear bumper up on trademe. Seeing as my bumpers had been painted black, i was keen to get some chrome back into the old girl. I won the auction, picked up the bumper from Shannon and chucked it on.

Looks way better!

I also started stripping the front bumper to see what was underneath..its not in very good condition so im on the look out for a chrome front bumper if anyone knows of any for sale. Doesnt have to be 100% mint.

I also took the rims off and dropped them off to get painted. Below is how they turned out after picking them up. Much better!

Some photos of how it is currently sitting after a cruise with a good mate of mine.

Now i am wanting to lower the front a bit to get the front wheels tucking. Anyone know of any cheap ways to do this? By the looks of it, it seems to have king springs and perhaps bluebird struts according to Mohit. I will chuck up a picture of current set up.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Neel's westy 510.

Post by mlracing »

Awesome dude looks staunch as, Watanabes for life !
Trent_260c
aka: Cable bay

Post by Trent_260c »

Sweet ride mate interested in selling it?
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

Awesome beast 510's are awesome
slammmed

Post by slammmed »

Thanks guys.

Not selling this one anytime soon I don't think :)
Trent_260c
aka: Cable bay

Post by Trent_260c »

Let me know if you do mate I'll be keen!
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

good choice of wheels makes your car repestfull . you must bring to a meating sometime
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
slammmed

Post by slammmed »

For sure! Once I'm happy with it I'll be keen on a meet. ATM, just trying to find lowering options for the front. Not cheap at all!
slammmed

Post by slammmed »

Jeepers, it has been a long time since I have been back on these forums.

Picked up another 510, stripped it down to a rolling shell, ripped out the worked L Series from the Matte Black 510, put an L16 into the Matte Black 510 and sold it off. And then for the last three years, I have been working on the below. Engine bay overhaul, new panel and paint / rust work + a whole lot more.

Been a busy boy to say the least, sorry I didn't keep you all updated on my progress!
29216939_1529698940482616_9056122565784764416_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Is this weapon making the trip south for datsun nationals in October?
1972 1200 coupe KB110