1971 Skyline 2000GT Sedan (Hakosuka)

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re:

Post by mlracing »

datsunboy wrote:Awesome. Guy in chch with one is called Aaron. He has a 4 door also. There is a guy in Taupo with a 2 door. But that's the only 2i know of other than your one coming in. ...... Where have you heard of the other 3 from? ???
Yeah I've been in touch with Aaron. Any idea who the Taupo guy is? Most people say they've heard of another but not actually seen it.

I over-estimated how many I thought were in NZ.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I can try and go back through my old emails. He imported my 1600 coupe, sold it to me then bought the Hako.
Should still have his email somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Re: 1971 Skyline 2000GT Sedan (Hakosuka)

Post by 240znz »

Great decision to purchase I'd say. It will be a head turner for sure.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Re:

Post by mlracing »

datsunboy wrote:I can try and go back through my old emails. He imported my 1600 coupe, sold it to me then bought the Hako.
Should still have his email somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that would be quite interesting if you could. No drama if you can't, just curious more than anything.
DatsunP510
Regular

Post by DatsunP510 »

If this car does make it to our shores in October, you should join us for the Datsun National Meet down in Taupo over Labour weekend.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

DatsunP510 wrote:If this car does make it to our shores in October, you should join us for the Datsun National Meet down in Taupo over Labour weekend.
I'd love to, it won't be road legal for some time though I don't suspect.
Sinfull
Regular

Post by Sinfull »

If you don't mind me asking what was this worth fully imported?

Is love one aswell but from memory way out of my price range. Also who did you use to find and carry out the import process.

Ive always loved the I'm a very jealous man right now. Makes the 120y I just brought look like a sack of s**the lol
78 Datsun 120y Sedan - Sold
72 Datsun 1200 Coupe - Sold
69 Datsun 510 Sedan
74 Datsun 620 Ute
95 Nissan Sunny
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

Sinfull wrote:If you don't mind me asking what was this worth fully imported?

Is love one aswell but from memory way out of my price range. Also who did you use to find and carry out the import process.

Ive always loved the I'm a very jealous man right now. Makes the 120y I just brought look like a sack of s**the lol
I prefer not to disclose price info and actually have not completed the import process so can't confirm the final pricing yet as still have GST and customs etc to pay. I'm using our own depot in Japan to import, Stacked Inc. We use them for our container shipments also.
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

Depot has picked up the car today from Tottori :) Nice to get a couple of photos of it not from the seller.

Cool shot Shane got of the car with the seaside
mlracing
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mlracing »

OK sorry for more spam but Shane just sent over some more close up images with various repair stuff which is good and thorough. Engine had a strange miss which turned out to be a bung plug, replaced that with some random one and it worked. Compression appears to be a little low on one cylinder but the car still seems to run relatively well so when I get it I'll do plugs/leads/dizzy cap etc anyway as a precaution. Shane also has some MDI spark booster thing (you know those boxes you always see on old Jap cars to boost the spark) so he'll throw that in too.

A few more pics..

Powerhouse! I'm actually happy that the numbers match on this and the body.. otherwise that could be a bit of a problem come time for VIN etc.

Angry face!

Interior is overall very clean, will need new centre console as that one looks banged up and not correct for the car (more holes for buttons and switches than my povo one has). Plus side, less things to go wrong in mine right?

But this really got me excited.. https://vid.me/fhmd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annd they reckon we should have a booking for shipping next week so that's pretty exciting.