LS1 V8 280z

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
SRCooper
Committee Members

LS1 V8 280z

Post by SRCooper »

Thought i should finally put one of these together to let everyone know what ive been upto.
Some of you may remember my blue 280zx well thats now a donor car due to some egg swapping the plates but now i own a White 1980 280z Fairlady, factory manual non turbo l28. I brought the car off Trent In May 2015 to start my project.
The plans for this car are as follows
First off is new paint, when i got the car it was stripped out nearly ready for respraying in white but since i brought it i have decided to paint it orange.
Secondly the fun part. As the title suggests i have an Ls1 5.7l v8 out of an 03 holden ute, with it i got a Tremec t56 6speed so i can really enjoy the power.
Wish me luck on my journey i think im going to need it.
Last edited by SRCooper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You wouldn't have that problem with a V8!!!!
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: LS1 V8 280z

Post by 2 doors »

sounds cool, pics or ban
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Here Are the photos so far, not much has been done yet, still collecting parts between doing body work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I remember you saying you had an LS motor for this thing.
Should be hard on tyres.........
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Exhaust arrived today. Twin 2.5inch just need to sort some headers
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Mocked up the exhaust today after work to see how it will fit with the new bumper, stoked with the quad tips :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Busy weekend.
lowered the v8 into the engine bay to see fitment, this swap is gonna be fun, i need a full custom drivers header to fit around the power steering box. Also need to sort a shorter clutch master cylinder so i can get the engine back far enough. in the photos its sitting about 110mm off the firewall but going off that the shifter will come through at the front of the factory hole, my plan is to move it 30mm further back as thats all i can get before the front accessories contact the cross member. Mounts wise its easy they only need to be a 78mm packer so im making some up at work this week that bolt to adapter plates i made. Next will be to cut out the factory transmission mounts to fit the tremec after all its quite a large box. Also finished the rear bumper foam so ready for fiberglass next weekend.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Love the fact that you're going to remove the bumpers on this, as in my opinion they are way to big for the shape of the car.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

The main reason for removing them is the weight. The moment I picked one up I decided they were staying off, And the front one sticks out too far for my liking
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Got the mounts made up today just have to drop the engine in again to set the height that they need machining to