LS1 V8 280z

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
SRCooper
Committee Members

Re: LS1 V8 280z

Post by SRCooper »

It's in!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You wouldn't have that problem with a V8!!!!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Very impressive, great effort, keep up the progress.
Datsuns from A to Zed
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

Sits well back doesn't it

Where does the gear lever pop up?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Looks great.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Bolted the gearbox on today and to my amazement the shifter popped right through the centre of the shifter hole. I still need to cut the factory transmounts off as the gearbox is to wide to fit in. First problem I've noticed is the sump hangs lower than anything else on the car so I now have to make a bash plate for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
280zx_nz
Regular

Post by 280zx_nz »

That's awesome! I was going to do something similar with my old 280zx but with a LM7 5.3l, turbo.

I sent you a PM about your gearbox btw.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Skylines owners of New Zealand
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Classicskylinesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Classic Z owners of New Zealand
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClassicZedsofNZ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Update. I've had issues with mounting this engine, when I bolted the trans on i discovered that it sits at quite an angle to fit it in the transmission tunnel so the mounts have had to be remachined at an angle to account for this. This also means it's sitting further back which is awsome. I still have no idea what I'm gonna do for a clutch master and the gearbox mount looks like it's gonna be a mission to make. It was a great feeling being able to sit in my car and change through the gears lol.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

On another note please never roll your guards with a hammer because when someone tries to do a paint restoration they have to spend hours bogging and sanding which sucks :x
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I hope you made car noises while changing gears? And threw your head back like fast&furious when naws kicked in? :lol:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

I sure did Bartman. thought i would have a go with the fiber glass on saturday but its been over 24hours and the resin wont set so i guess i get to pull it off again, i even had a heater on it for a couple of hours and nothing. Anyone know any good fiberglass resin stockists? im using supercheap auto stuff.