B310 Coupe Full Resto-Mod ft. Supercharger - NOW ROLLING!!!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: B310 Coupe Full Resto-Mod ft. Supercharger - NOW ROLLING!!!!

Post by Otodat »

Cool! :thumbsup:
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

F1 pays peanuts??? Are you at the bottom of the food chain or still studying. Doing it tough now for a brighter future right.

Car build is awesome. Pretty shit about brake booster. What did you do with your 60a?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by blitzballa »

Tony_Whenua wrote:F1 pays peanuts??? Are you at the bottom of the food chain or still studying. Doing it tough now for a brighter future right.

Car build is awesome. Pretty shit about brake booster. What did you do with your 60a?
Pretty much almost at the bottom - but even at mid levels in this work the pay is not a lot. But then it's outweighed by the work you get to do which is awesome. It just means project cars are hard to have. It'll definitely be worth it though.

Thanks man, yea Wal fixed it up really good though so you wouldn't even know. Sold off the 60a as definitely no way I'll go back from the 63a now at this point.
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

As slow as usual, here are the pictures as promised.
IMG_20181126_175701[1].jpg
IMG_20181126_175708[1].jpg
IMG_20181126_175729[1].jpg
IMG_20181126_175736[1].jpg
IMG_20181126_175945[1].jpg
So everything fits inside one car now! My mum was definitely glad to get rid of all the boxes of parts haha
Interior is all done but I want to pull it all out again when I go to get the body sprayed just to make sure its all perfect. A lot of the bolts I cleaned and re-sprayed have started to show some age as well so I'm going to make some dipping trays for them and get them all acid washed and zinc plated properly. Then its just the engine to finish off! But because I can't resist I'm also looking in to rear disc conversions for my H165.

It definitely could be a while before I'm back in NZ so I think my plans will just keep getting bigger the longer I have to just browse the interwebs and come across ideas.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Looking good, cool that you are still thinking about this car. Been reading through this guys lately https://ratsun.net/topic/49413-datsun-b ... 5-project/
Quite like some bits on it. Worth a look if you’re bored one day.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Any updates on this? Was thinking today maybe this Covid guff had sent you back home.
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Otodat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:30 pm Any updates on this? Was thinking today maybe this Covid guff had sent you back home.
Hey man I've actually been thinking a lot about this project lately and how much I miss working on cars back home. I did come back in January right before the COVID stuff really took off and managed to do a little bit. Got the new driveshaft in so finally mated the 63a up with the H165. Got some mounts made up for the rear swaybar I bought off Luke a while back. Other than that, just some small things like tidying up the mounts for the sc14 and prepping the engine for rebuild.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be back in NZ until at least late 2021 as with the new lockdown laws in NZ I'd essentially have to take a four week holiday, two of which would be spent in mandatory quarantine. It sucks because where the car is is super secluded anyway so would be perfect for quarantine. I think with the way things are at work right now there's no way they'd let me take that much time off.

I have got a fund going for the Datsun at least and now that I've been working a bit in the UK starting to save some serious money. It's really just the engine left to go before I can get it certed and WOF'd and then getting the last few panels painted up. There a some little things I want to do before that though like changing out the 240Z drums on the rear to some bluebird discs. Also on the lookout for an H165 LSD if one ever comes up, preferably in a 4.1.

I'm actually keen to put a nail in this project as I want to get started on my next one which is an AWD time attack build of my old Sentra SSS. I modeled and did some CFD for some parts for it a while ago but don't want to invest any money in to it before I finish the Datsun.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

That’s great to hear, the next project sounds awesome too!