B310 Coupe Full Resto-Mod ft. Supercharger - NOW ROLLING!!!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: blitzballas pit of money and happiness (Sunny Coupe)

Post by tlssunny »

you only need steel and a welder, do you want wheels on the bottom????? so you can push it around?? and adjustable height or what???

i have a very simple one which isnt adjustable and it works great, looks really horrie but is good aye
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Like this? A mate made it for me, he is in Hamilton so prob not a lot of use to you.
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by blitzballa »

Wow a lot longer than I would have liked for an update to this but probably down to me being a lazy piece of shit lately and not getting enough done. Have got a little bit done in the mean time but had a scare a wee while ago where I thought I may have had to have sold my Datto. Long story short some thieving bastards stole a few thousand dollars worth of farm equipment right before the busiest part of the season for my mum (has a lot of crop and sheep) so had to look at getting money fast. Thankfully the police recovered about half of what was stolen so was able to keep the Datto.

Anyway, end caps arrived from the states and lo and behold they were perfect!! Only took me two years to find them haha. A bit rusty from living near the coast but took to the non rubber parts with a grinder and sand paper then rust killed it ready for paint to go on. I believe they were originally anodised from factory but I'm sure a few layers of paint will do the job! Also finished stripping the car so all thats left is the diff and steering. Got to buy some axle stands next week so I can remove those as well!

Got the last of the stuff off Bart for the S/C and made some small progress on the twin charge setup. Got hold of a genuine T3/T4 from a mate really cheap and have it mated to another SC14 (not quite as nice a condition as Barts) and have it plumbed to my spare A5. Still need to finish my rig so I can get fuel and air control lines mounted and I can test the setup.

Next step is still sandblasting. My mate was going to bring his round but he saw my car and agreed that sodablasting is going to be a hell of a lot kinder. Does anyone know if Blaine from fastblast has soda? I finally got around to getting the Sunny decals modeled up so they can be painted back on later.

Still deciding on diff although at this stage (as I sold my 165 with lsd) I'm going to be modifying the spare 165 I have to fit and either go with the 86 LSD or another phantom grip. Might even copy tlssunny and build a Watts Linkage for it as well.

Also going to start building my own rotisserie and move the shell back to mums for sandblasting and priming as I don't think my landlord would appreciate me doing it at our house haha.

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to get the car painted? Don't really know anyone in CHCH in the panel industry so if I could save a few dollars paying cash through someone willing to do a deal that would be awesome! Oh and still need a bit more rust cut out so if anyone is a pro at that let me know and I can provide plenty of beers!! I can MIG but I still don't really trust myself enough haha.

And yes Bart I promise I will upload pics tonight ahah Have been promising that since nats sorry!
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Post by cul8r »

Yes Blaine has a new Soda blasting setup, and its mobile along with his compressor
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

That's Blaine at fast blast on marshland road.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Excellent!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Yus!!!! :dance2: well all going well then I should have the old girl blasted and primed before xmas!! Finally be able to make some tangible progress on this!
20151127_130839[1].jpg
This was my mates SR20 with aforementioned T3/T4 before he rolled it!! :burnout: It looks a bit shit on the outside but its been hardly used at all so hopefully if my setup works I'll be able to keep using it.
20151129_213908[1].jpg
These are the unicorn style bumper caps which no crying emoji can describe how I felt when I got them finally! This photo was post me sanding the rust off.
20151129_213928[1].jpg
Does anyone know the best way to fix up rubber bumper ends to make them look like new? Want to take all the scratches out etc and polish them up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

Not bumper related, nice project. Must be only coupe bumpers like that, the whole end cap is plastic on sedans.

I'm curious as to how you were going to get a h165 into a h150 housing in a sunny anyway? Were you going to use whole 165 diff and remove leaf spring setup?
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Flauski wrote:Not bumper related, nice project. Must be only coupe bumpers like that, the whole end cap is plastic on sedans.

I'm curious as to how you were going to get a h165 into a h150 housing in a sunny anyway? Were you going to use whole 165 diff and remove leaf spring setup?
Sorry Flauski I only just saw this comment. That wasn't the plan. I originally had an H165 with a mechanical LSD that was already set up for a four link. Now that I have sold that one I'll be doing something similar to what tlssunny did and convert the leaf spring one I have currently sitting around to four link. Still undecided whether I am going to use an AE86 diff centre or buy another mechanical one. I'm more inclined to go with the mechanical option at this stage due to cost (pretty cheap) but depending what power my setup eventually makes could switch to a R31 diff like maddat sell.

Update on the twincharging. Blew up the first motor (unrelated to boost issues) so am currently on the look out for a new A series block if anyone has one? Have confirmed my house for another year so will finish taking the last of the fuel lines and brake stuff off the car this weekend. Also need to get my A in to G and finish building my rotisserie so I can get the car blasted and primered.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

I may or may not have 2 spare h165 with 4 link setups haha ones out of a s110 and ones from a pa10, maybe, maybe we could talk about it , maybe!!!!!!!!

and the a series block what a12, a14/a15????
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services