1200 ute in for surgery

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Meandatto
Regular

Re: 1200 ute in for surgery

Post by Meandatto »

this wkend had a saturday off due to the rain !! so i got a good few hrs on the datto ... refitted front struts, new castor rods, new say bar, new RCA and threw some paint on the wheels which didn't turn out well lol !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Looking very clean.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

iam very impress by your standard of workmanship, keep up the good work and nice photos
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Meandatto
Regular

Post by Meandatto »

thanks man !

the plan is to do the engine conversion and restore the undercarriage,fuel, brake lines nuts and bolts for now .... get the ute on the road and certed then save some coin to do the body and interior !
body wise its the neatest ute I've owned ! I've been all over it and haven't found one rust hole their were couple of surface rust spots under the front guards and the undercarriage nothing bigger than a 10-20cent piece !! and i cleaned then up with a flapper disk treated them than sealed them with the undercarriage paint.

overall condition of the body is excellent ! it dose have some dings in it and a couple of areas that looks like some bog has been used in it (hopefully just to straighten out the body) ill find out once i have blasted the shell back when it comes time ..... it has had a respray somewhere along the lines and it was a shocking job !! the prep work looks like it wasn't done properly ! but it will do for now
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

apparently was on a chassis machine before i had it, so would have got the bog and paint then i guess. Even for a crap prep job its held up ok as i had it for probably 6 years and it was painted before that, and i sold it 2-3 years ago now, so paint is probably 8-9 years old??
Meandatto
Regular

Post by Meandatto »

grant76 wrote:apparently was on a chassis machine before i had it, so would have got the bog and paint then i guess. Even for a crap prep job its held up ok as i had it for probably 6 years and it was painted before that, and i sold it 2-3 years ago now, so paint is probably 8-9 years old??

Dam !! It has held up ok ..... I'm itching to strip it back tho ! A little worried the bad prep is infecting my beautiful datsun steel lol
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

You made any further progress bro?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

So shiney!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............