180b Wagon joining the club!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Jgalland09
aka: 180bee

180b Wagon joining the club!!

Post by Jgalland09 »

Hi all,
Finally got my car down fro, Wellington to Christchurch over the weekend so I could take some pics and finally get a decent drive in. It's a '76 wagon with a 2L twin carb engine, carbs from SSS, and it hums along. I got 2" blocks in the back and shortened the springs in the back. We put in low springs originally but it was more or less the same so am saving $ for now. It was a pretty stiff ride in the back with the wag riding on the bumpstops so priced some which were a rip so cut them today and it worked a treat! Will be going on the Rakaia cruise eye yeeow!!

Jgalland09

Re: 180b Wagon joining the club!!

Post by Jgalland09 »

Apologies for rubbish pics was stuck in driveway with bugger all space.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

cool wagon, looks pretty tidy welcome to the club.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be good to meet you dude!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!

i expect to see this at the rakaia cruise>?????
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Jgalland09

Post by Jgalland09 »

Hey guys,

Long time no chat. I ended up getting new leaf springs as my old ones were very tired. Got the eyes flipped and kept the blocks in, but it is still higherin the back than what I would like. I've been looking through the net to find ideas but have nothing yet with how I could make it any lower?! Any ideas??

Also on a positive I am finally getting XR4 Longchamps at some stage this week, can't wait to see them on the wag. Cheers in advance for any ideas.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

I would suggest taking it to your spring maker telling them what you want and getting them reset. Unless you have run out of travel
Datsuns from A to Zed
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Jgalland09 wrote:Hey guys,

Long time no chat. I ended up getting new leaf springs as my old ones were very tired. Got the eyes flipped and kept the blocks in, but it is still higherin the back than what I would like. I've been looking through the net to find ideas but have nothing yet with how I could make it any lower?! Any ideas??

Also on a positive I am finally getting XR4 Longchamps at some stage this week, can't wait to see them on the wag. Cheers in advance for any ideas.
You didn't find them on the faceboook Jap wheels buy/sell/trade page did you?
Jgalland09

Post by Jgalland09 »

broke wrote:
Jgalland09 wrote:Hey guys,

You didn't find them on the faceboook Jap wheels buy/sell/trade page did you?
Nah mate, did know there was such a group. Bought an old pair to get refurbished.
Jgalland09

Post by Jgalland09 »

Can't wait to get these wheels on. The next step is to head back to engineers to get the leaves sorted!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.