ts cup replica b310 coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: ts cup replica b310 coupe

Post by 85_Z31 »

Cracking along good there Jessee, your work looks great. First time ive had a good read through this thread.

Feel free to hassle me about progress too :D
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

ok so a little more progress and some photos

front struts, iam in the middle of making the caliper mounts for my wilwood 4 pot calipers to suit the factory 242mm x 10mm b310 rotor

diff, just got it back from royce clive as i got it aligned as had some welding on it etc
it seams to be a h165 diff but someone has welded the b310 mounts on it
-just need to tap the holes to mount the ae86 lsd and make some mounts for the watts linkage setup i have designed and then thats the diff basically done
got a cutting file from bart to do the normal eu13 brake upgrade etc
need to get the ae86 diff and h165 driveshaft made into one driveshaft once i work out the lenght etc

still been working on the rust heaps, have finished the passenger side sill finally with a little bit of help from my friend wal

have now moved on to the rear panel of the car which has been fixed multiple times before so to start with iam basically stripping all the rusted and fucked metal so i can start from scratch etc

wheels, am getting the outer bands made atm and just need to paint the centres a nice bright wheel
-dont know when wheels will be done but iam sure i will have pictures etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

good to see its coming along
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

a few more pics and a wee update

got my wheels back from powder coating and iam super happy with them, now just waiting on my outer bands to be made

the diff is going good, got the new holes for the head taped and nick welded up all the old ones for me. have dumby fitted it to a half a body i have lying around and its looking all good so i started working on the watts linkage which ive basically done i just need to make the body mounts which will be done this weekend and need some watts arms made too

my front caliper mounts have been designed and now daniel/djz is in the progress of making them

the rear panel iam making is going good, iam waiting on wal to make me a couple of difficult bits then i can get back into it as at the moment iam stuck etc but still have plenty of other shit to do

have basically made 1 good door out of 2 rusty ones, it now just needs some bogg really
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

James suggested some changes to the caliper brackets which I'll do sometime soon, I've ordered the other end mills I need to make them.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

some more photos of mainly the rust work
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

looking very good, very impressed
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

:agree: what he said. Looking good Jesse. Keep up the good work.
Datsuns from A to Zed
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

though it was time for a update................

still waiting on the wheel bands to be made but no hurry for me
brought a tyre machine and a shrinker/stretcher so i can stop getting wal to make me a few peices etc thanks for the help wal he made me 2 very difficult peices so i can continue on with the rear soon
i have been mainly working on the front ends of the chassis rails lately and have remade so it looks factory but half way through that now...... theres a few photos of the work. i got some 2mm panel steel so i can remake the reinforcement bits where bumper bolts on
all linkage for the carbs is 95% done just waiting on some shaft collars to show up
have my steering box being rebuilt at the moment, made my own brace for it too
have my ae86 lsd and diff head being rebuilt too once thats done i can basically bolt the diff back together and put inside, just need to sort the handbrake cables really
in october my wife had a wee girl so busy busy with that aswel
half cage is all tacked in so i can work out where everything is going around it, will probly get someone to weld it in as some of my welding aint the flashiest
90% of interior is in etch primer ready for colour later on doen the track, engine bay is basically ready for paint once all front radiator and light support panels are in. just need to finish the inner gaurd peices and then replace some of the passenger side inner gaurd above the chassis rail but i have a mint condition rust cut for this
have modified scuttle panel and bonnet hinges so it will open right up vertical lol
currently working on baffled sump aswel
the peice on the sill where someone has filled it with shit weld and no metal protection will get fixed later on as once the fronts done then i will move back to the back and then to the sill i think
strut brace is almost done just need to make a alloy bar and tap some left and right hand threads in it so its adjustable

at the moment iam waiting on a freind to lathe me up a few bits so i can get onto another few jobs but i dont like to rush him as he needs his holiday etc

heres a few pictures
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

Just a half cage do you intend to race it?