dirtyleppa's 910 bluebird

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

dirtyleppa's 910 bluebird

Post by dirtyleppa »

just my side project/ runaround/ weekend thrasher while i focus on my laurel.

swapped my van for a 1983 910 bluebird. has stock L20b but with twin su carbs. got 117000km on it with a mint interior. came with some cutties which are captive and an LSD. plans are to throw some wheels on it, 2.5" exhaust, give it a tune, tidy up the paint and get the carbs running properly.

just a few pics.

did a bit of work on the old bluebird. fitted some plugs and leads as well as a shiny new oil catch can and man what a difference. will fit some points and check the timing as well as balance the carbs when time and money allows.

also painted the bonnet black after a failed attempt at a cut and polish. decided to paint below the door trims as well just to tidy everything up a bit and to give the car a lower looking stance. paint came out a bit shitty in some places with a bit of orange peel effect going on.

got a shiny muff fitted to my beast and damn its loud!!! :tops: has a straight through pipe to large tip and its mean as.

finally got it legal today after failing my warrant on cut springs and a bald tyre. once funds allow for it the cutties will be going back in and i will shorten the struts to make everything captive.

its alot more level that last time but still too high.

just was mucking round and found my old japanese automobile federation badge, so i fitted it for that little bit of JDM goodness.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Re: dirtyleppa's 910 bluebird

Post by dirtyleppa »

got these of trademe for $20 to give my wheels a cleaner look. unfortunately i have to modify them as they dont allow the wheels to sit against the hub properly.
before shot once i remove all the bolts
filthy :(
$70 worth of stainless steel bolts :shock:
cleaned up with a quick wipe with the centre caps and bolts installed as well as my datsun valve caps
before and after comparison
finally after some time, fitted to my bluebird. looks the biz too with my new jdm no. plate.
just need 3 inches more dish and 2 inches lower to get that boso look going
mongol

Post by mongol »

good to see your reppin o/s too mang! , also .. sell me your lsd/ only if its r series diff k thanx bai!

mint ride man , wish i wastn always in trouble with fine and bill so i could spend some $$ on my slab lol
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

wouldnt have a clue what diff it has in it. i went on to trademe and got a gt legacy wagon diff for $40 5 months ago. just havent bothered to see if it fits or not
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

ive still got those new front low king springs for you chap :D
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

just a small update. got some king springs from mint16 so i can get rid of the cutties and hopefully have some functioning suspension.

also got hold of a 2nd hand oil cooler off tardme for $40. its not in bad nick, but not too worried as it wont be hooked up, will just give it a lick of matt black to tidy it up abit.

ill probably get rid of the shit rubber hoses and get some nice braided lines made up.

just a quick shot of what it looks like, bearing in mind it wont be fitted right in front of the bumper like that.

also picked up what i think to be are some r33 gtst seats for $50. was going to put them in my laurel, but will put them in the bluebird instead.

pulled the factory one out to find mounting points to be way different. will see if the bluebird rails will bolt up then see if they fit, and if not will attempt at making some rails for it.

next in line is to swap over the springs, fit the cooler and try get the bastard running. will be going back to the twin carbs as there is so much power diffrerence between them and the single and the fact they sound cool.

if time allows may look into getting some steelies widened but not a major thing.

ROLL ON AKAROA CRUISE :D
180bst
Financial Member

Post by 180bst »

Hi. I managed to get TE P10 primera seats in front and not too much modding and attached to old bluebird rails. Awesome fit and way better than original.
Will put pic up for you.
Also had some old '92ish GTX mazda seats and they fitted up too but have put in 180b.
1975 610 Sedan VG20ET
1973 610 SSS Coupe
1983 C20 Van
1981 720 Cab Chassis