Laura's 240C

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
LittleBruise
aka: Laura

Laura's 240C

Post by LittleBruise »

I bought my first Datsun yesterday, first "old school" car as well. She definitely needs a bit of TLC but i'm in love. Don't know a lot about cars in general yet but I'm sure i'll be forced to learn pretty quick!

The interior is amazing!

Had issues 15 minutes after picking her up, engine just died. Something to do with no spark from the ignition or something like that.

Thankfully a mate of a mate came and made a temporary fix with a craft knife and some tape. This box used to be in the car and it got cut out.

Have to plug it in/unplug it whenever i want to start or stop but at least she goes!

Currently have a bad exhaust leak which needs fixing, have to drive with the windows down because of the fumes. Also on the hunt for a new radiator. Wiring will be getting fixed this week. Then she should be running well enough to go to Akaroa!

Old build threads I have found for it on Old School:
http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index ... tsun-240c/
http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index ... c/?hl=240c
Last edited by LittleBruise on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Laura's 240C

Post by DJZ »

Awesome, good work! I've got a couple of 280ZX radiators if you get stuck, you could probably make one fit.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Awesome! Glad to see that you got it. Hopefully those minor kinks get ironed out quick and easy!
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cameron's old car nice,I own one of these cars as well,If you need to get "the hard to get parts" Pm me as I have great luck in finding them.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LittleBruise

Post by LittleBruise »

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Post by cul8r »

Thats a fancy MSD streetfire ignition, meant to have adjustable rev limiter etc.. I could be wrong but sure they're only meant for Electronic Ignitions not points..

Craig from Proparts (he's on here) might be able to shed some light on it if you want to put it back in..

What sort've exhaust leak? Manifold or holes in pipe?

Also, nice 240c, there shouldn't be a shortage of people willing to help, with parts on here
LittleBruise

Post by LittleBruise »

Yeah the guy that cut it out was pretty confused as to why it was in there. I haven't had time to look into it further yet, hopefully can figure out what's going on when I take it to my electrical guy! It's running a lot better since we took it out though, quieter as well though I'm not sure how that would affect it.

As for the exhaust leak, I'm not sure how to tell. Any suggestions on somewhere to take it to get fixed?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Hey Laura, about time you put this up lol, Im glad you bought this, its such an awesome cruiser, and if you hadn't bought it ,I probably would have after the test drive on Friday. such a cool car with so much potential, I must say I couldn't get my head round what the guy selling it was talking about in regards to that ignition module, simple points for the win lol. See you at akaroa.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you wanted To sell that ignition box, I might be keen to buy it?
Looks like a real solid car! Good buying!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Hey, Nice ride - i have a Wagon of the model (although very rusty and in need of lots of attention) - in my experience get the car into a radiator shop like Canterbury Radiators or Burnside Radiators etc. Itll cost anywhere from $250-$400 to be done but then its all new.

I wouldn't muck around with 2nd hand as you never know quite what you are getting and these old sixes have a tendency to get hot / overheat and blow head gaskets.

Once the radiator is done itll be like brand new - then start looking around for radiator hoses and the heater hoses as they get old and perished - shes an old girl now lol - i had 2x 260's of the later 330 shape that both started leaking from the heater hoses around the heater tap, that go into the car. Not too much of a drama to fix - just a pain if you do them one by one like I did.

Also a good idea to replace the thermostat while the radiator is out to ;) ;)