My 240c coupe build

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
deadmaul240c

Re: My 240c coupe build

Post by deadmaul240c »

Yeah ive all ready been talking to snoozin about getting a few things the car he's got has seen very better days but i still found a couple of things i can pinch of it, so i need to sand the rest of the car(blew up my compressor) so i need to fix that first and i need to pull out the diff and leaves plus the front springs to send them into Bellamy and east to get reset and compressed plus a leaf put in, umm strip the underbody and seal that, umm more rust repairs and get her running nice
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*ma70 88 Turbo A supra, Black
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Whoa! Awesome car mate.Keep us updated :popcorn:
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
7 Coupes

Post by 7 Coupes »

Been in a 260C when it was nearly new, man was it flash and cool (and fast to for back then :burnout: )
Datsun Brothers
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I was lucky to see this car in person on Saturday.I can't wait to see this on the road.If you ever sell this I'll be first inline to buy it...LOL
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

It will be a long time before i every think about selling it, but ill keep that in mind haha, yeah i drained the tank and lines after you left found a wee bit of surface rust under the tank so imma sort that out before it goes back in, and i ran some new gas thru it but id say she flooded her self when i drained all the gas out of it (big pool or gas in the manifold) so hopefully today she will live again
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

So after my meeting with Ian (rblover) he asked me what i wanted to do to the 240, and well i guess i want it to be a jdm inspired period correct build, so i was thinking that i want to get rid of the l24 for something a bit more grunty, like a l28 or something but then i must of come to my senses why throw away a great motor that might lack in the torques but that could defiantly make up if i built a high compression l24 with a mild cam and triple sideys, with a nice stainless exhaust and headers, so how many people on here have done a l24 build to start with or any l2X high compression builds? it would be great to get some first person advice on this plus does anyone have a rear swaybar for a 260c/330?
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Pm sent - cool build
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Wow looks to be in amazing condition, great to see you are getting the chance to make something of it.
L6s sound great with triples, even twin SUs and flows sound good, but Triples are the bees.
I think Ivan is in the process of a build but is going for the Uber stroke/bore L28. I have an L28 in my 260 and ran Std with sidies for ages, went really well and sounds fantastic. Keep us up dated. I'd love to get a look at this in the flesh sometime.
What are you gunna bolt up to the back of it Trans wise?
Datsuns from A to Zed
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

That is one sweet car come and have a look at my 260z and I can go trough it with you .
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

I was thinking about using a t5 box but i think ill stick to the 4speed for a while, I really want to get the car going and looking cool before i get to much into the rest of build, great things take time
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra