Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Post by R3spct »

Its been over 20 years since i sold my 1st 2 1200 Coupes.

This was my 1st car, had bonnet pins, a half cage, and a SSS engine. It also had a lot of rust and bog, but would prob be a score in that condition today. Had a 2nd one after this, which was red and black with a tan vinyl roof, it was fairly stock apart from a 5 speed. I didnt keep any pics of that one unfortunatly, and cant find the rego anywhere to try trace what might have happened to it. Had no signs of rust in the time i had it.

So its time for No3. Ive put my name on the formerly green one on trademe that was a rolling body. Getting it shipped up next weekend. Its got rust, but plates are on exemption, and has a lot of spare parts and nothing too major missing.

Pretty stoked to finally own another one.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Post by Bartman »

Be sure to keep the pictures coming!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

like bart said, keep the pics coming, nice project by the way, love the 1200 coupes
7 Coupes

Post by 7 Coupes »

We are all here to spur you on, :baseballbat: I'm ashamed to say I sold my last coupe about 20 years ago too but am back with a vengeance :drool:
Datsun Brothers
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Ive pretty much exhausted all avenues to find the rego of my 2nd 1200, which i dont have any pics of, dad said he will dig though his pics and see, but we are talking about 20 photo albums and they are buried in his attic.

Its getting picked up next monday the 30th and transported up to me. Been watching a lot of videos on youtube showing rust and panel repairs, got a dolly lined up to put it on to remove running gear, and eyes on a rotisserie as well. Still need to move some cabinets in my garage to make a bit more room, and fix about 6 cars before i should really start on the Datto....
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Well the car is still over a week away from arriving, but ive sourced a hotted up a15 and 5 speed for it from Invercargil of all places, so need to get that up here at some stage.

Excited much? Yeah!
7 Coupes

Post by 7 Coupes »

Nice, the good old hotted up A15 with a 5 speed, know them well :thumbsup:
Datsun Brothers
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Ive been told a ute crossmember is ideal to fit the a15 to the coupe, and a ute diff is a good idea to handle the torque, also that a ae86 lsd can be fitted.

So if anyone has a ute crossmember (im guessing these will be in demand, so custom mounts might be easier)

I suspect i will end up doing something to the car requiring a cert, although original plan might have been for a sr20ve engine, i just dont like the extra weight and suspect it will have a bit much power to be fun.

Some buggers started to bid on the rotisserie that was on trademe, went from 300 (about all i wanted to pay) to 470. Meh, can build my own if need be.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Car arrived today.

Def a project, will be a few weeks at least.... :beer:

Unfortunately the rear 1/4 windows fell out between Napier and Taupo as the latches were not there, and the hinges let go as the tape wasnt quite enough.

Shaun that i got it off has plenty of spares so is going to hook me up.

Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

NOw the real fun can begin.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............