Datsun Driver

Re: 1974 B110 Project!

Post by buzzy »

Any updates Adam?
Adam Herbert
Regular

Post by Adam Herbert »

Things are going painfully slow, my custom pistons (that I designed myself on CAD) turned up the other day, and my new super thick conrods (will upload pictures later). Still waiting for a list of cam profiles to be sent over from some company in Europe who specialize in high performance forced induction cams and have an A series grind.
So far as body, I have bought camber plates and put 1degree on front wheels (still the thin ones). And have bought a chin spoiler and chucked that on, and chromed the grills on the bonet near the windscreen. I can't flare the guards to put the fat tyres on until my axel is finished so that my axel will be the right length and The flares will be the right size, and I can't finish my axel until I figure out how to make my T-series centre fit into my ute housing (I have gone with T series centre because I can put an AE86 LSD crown wheel in when I find one), which I'm having trouble with because all the articles I've read say it shpuld slip straight in there.
So atm car is at a stand still, but still using it as my daily driver ad loving every second of it. We have plenty of great adventures togeather as a stock machine (and I still manage to beat a few people off the line ;) )
Datto1200
Regular
aka: Mount

Post by Datto1200 »

Don't wreck the car by modifying it I have a 1200 shell with flared rear guards ill sell you. its a rolling but would be keeping diff and front struts. in in TGA as well. I was going to CA18T it but bought a coupe instead
1200sss road car
1200sss Rally car
1200 mint to be restored sss rep
1200 Coupe CA18DET
Adam Herbert
Regular

Post by Adam Herbert »

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have the time, money or space for another car, I'm only 17 haha. I'm happy to modify this one, :) and from my point of view it's not wrecking the car haha, I'm not spending trumendous amounts of money on it to please others, tho that is a bonus haha. :)
Loganw

Post by Loganw »

Hey Datto 1200 I haven't givin up on ya shell yet.
Body is coming right, things are slowly getting better and will ease the wife back into the idea of having a race car agaon :burnout:
Talk soon
Adam Herbert
Regular

Post by Adam Herbert »

Ended up just grinding out my housing, so my T series fits now! Which means I can get to flaring and putting the Fats on! Ive also picked up a B3110 drive shaft to slap in there.
kb110
Datsun Dreamer

Post by kb110 »

See if you can get a period Nissan 80A profile......
Was the bees knees in the 70's and made for the A12. Datsun knew what they were doing....
Don't get a Ford, Chev, etc grind
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Wicked, keep the pictures rolling!
Im glad you bought a 1200 and not a 510 then putting an a series in ;)
Adam Herbert
Regular

Post by Adam Herbert »

Yes!!! Guards are flared, New Axel is in (still not lsd tho), and new rims and fat tyres are on! So psyched, looks good, can't wait to get the engine up and running! I also installed camber plates and put 1 degree negative on the front wheels. I had to raise the rear 10 mm to accommodate the new tyres cause the rubbed on the inside of the guards, I'm going to have to cut and re-weld the part of the rear guard, not a biggie tho. I plan on lowering the front a bit more because its a bit too big of a gap between the guard and tyre for my liking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

looks nice! just needs a bit more low